chapter 2

Yassen didn't drive far, because by experience he knew all the main roads by now were blocked looking for him, and his little hostage, Alex.

Yassen wasn't even sure if he would follow his plan, but when he saw Alex laying there on the floor prepared to be killed by Cray, he knew he had to do something, he couldn't leave his mentor son there to die, not after the man saved his life.

John Rider save his life, he saved the life of his son, it was the least he could have done. So now he had an unconscious teen in the back of his car still sound asleep

Pulling up to his safe house just before the blocked roads, parking his car, Yassen looked at the street to see if anyone was there, but at that hour of night everyone was sound asleep in their houses.

Getting out of the car, Yassen calmly opened the back door of the car pulling out Alex, who grunted at the movement, before carrying him inside the house, laying him back down on the couch.

Moving quickly Yassen closed all the curtains of the windows in the house before turning on the light of the living room. Turning his attention back to Alex, more precisely the wound on his head, the assassin went to retrieve his first aid kit that he had put in almost every division of the house, in his line of work was most likely than not to get shot or receiving injuries, and getting to a hospital was not an option.

Crutching next to the boy's head he brushed his blood-stained blond air back to get a better look at the wound, that was still bleeding a little.

Cleaning up the blood with some water and disinfecting the wound he put a bandage on top of it covering almost half of his forehead.

Putting away his stuff, Yassen didn't plan to stay long just a night, and, in the morning, he would take Alex to a safer location, but for now he had to wait for MI6 to lift the roadblock.

Back at MI6 headquarters, Blunt, Mrs. Jones, Crawley and a few other agents were trying to figuring out where the assassin could have gone.

"Damn it Alan, you should had listened to Alex, if you had none of this would have happen" Mrs. Jones said furiously to the head of MI6.

"The Boy should have never gotten involved, look where it gotten him" Blunt said

"If he hadn't gotten involve, a war would have started by now, and millions would be dead"

"Yelling won't solve anything at this moment" Crawley said next to her trying to calm the situation

"Right, no one spotted him in the search perimeter?" she asked after taking a few deep breaths

"Nothing yet, Yassen couldn't have taken Alex far he didn't pass any of our roads block so he is still inside of the area" Crawley said

"Do you think that the boy is still alive" one of the agents in the back asked, knowing the assassin fame.

"Yes, Alex rider, is still alive, Gregorovich wouldn't hurt him. Not after his history with john rider" Blunt said after some thinking

"Yes, according to Sabina Pleasure, Yassen showed concern over Alex wound on his head, saved him from Damian Cray and apprehended him without fighting Alex." Mrs. Jones said reading the report.

"But how did you know where the boy was?" the same agent in the back asked.

Blunt and Jones looked at each other "Smithers told us, call Smithers I want him in here now" Mrs. jones said sternly

Half an hour later, a rushed smithers that looked as if he had rushed out of bed came through the doors.

"What happen I tough the mission was a success?" Smithers said