Chapter 10

Alex froze, turning to the assassin, that clearly wasn't asleep in his bedroom, like he had thought. Gregorovich turned on the lights of the room, blinding him momentarily, making him squint his eyes.

"I thought I told you to stay in your room. In fact, I even locked the door" he was now in front of Alex, an amused look on his face. Alex didn't say anything as the man pushed him aside to see what he was doing on the computer.

The teen watched carefully as Yassen read the email he had written and regrettably didn't send it on time. He tries to imagine what the man would do to him now, would he kill him on the spot, probably not, not after all the work they had bringing him here. Would he get beaten up? Now that was a possibility.

Instead, the assassin looked at him "Send it" he said, stepping away from the computer

"What?" Alex asked confused, was this a test, or the man had gone truly insane

"come on, send it" Yassen persisted, when Alex didn't move.

To be honest, Alex didn't know what to do, but he sure as hell wouldn't waste this opportunity. As fast as he could, he clicked enter, watching as the message of confirmation appeared at the bottom of the screen.

"Now what do you expect it will happen?" Yassen inquired "that MI6 will send a SAS team, that a bunch of agents will come and raid the island?"

"I had to do something. They must do something".

Yassen took a step closer, "If you want to escape, you will have to do it on your own. Because if MI6 wanted to rescue you, they would already done it".

"And how do you know that" Alex asked.

"MI6 knows where you are, Alex, they know it the moment you stepped on this island".

"What?" he almost whispered, they wouldn't do that to him. They were cruel, but they wouldn't intentionally leave him with a killer, with his uncle killer to be precise, inside a terrorist organization.

"Come on, it's time for you to learn the truth" Yassen said opening the door and directing him out of the room. Alex was in a trance while following Gregorovich, pondering the possibility that MI6 wouldn't come and rescue him, that he was trapped inside an organization that wanted to training him to be a killer. Would MI6 only show up to arrest him. Alex was sick to his stomach, not even realizing that they had stopped, once again they were in Yassen's office. This time, however, Yassen made him sit on the couch.

"I was friends with your father" Gregorovich began, making Alex look up "he was my teacher, here in Malagosto".

"You're lying, my father was in the military, Ian told me that" Alex interrupted, he didn't even want to think of the possibility that his uncle had also lied to him about his father career.

"You're not wrong about that, for a while he was in the military, and had a good career, until he was discharged"

"Why?"

"He had a fight in a Pub that ended up killing a man, Alex, he was arrested because of that"

Alex shook his head "no, I don't believe you" his father wasn't a killer, he couldn't have been, he couldn't have laid in bed all this year's wishing that a killer was alive, that a killer would kiss his forehead, that a killer would be there on Christmas, on his birthdays.

Yassen passed him a tablet, he looked at the screen. It was a news report, with a man with the same features as Alex, it was his father, next to the photo was the title "Military in the armed forces arrested after killing a Man". Yassen swiped his finger on the screen and a different journal appeared with a similar title, and another, and another, until finally Yassen took the tablet back.