Chapter 11

Mrs. Jones was expecting that the talk would go much worse than it actually was, not that it went great

"Miss Starbright, we decided that it would be of your best interest if you returned to America" Mrs. Jones said in the middle of the conversation.

"What? No. where is Alex? Are you trying to blackmail him again, because I still have those videos and this time, I'm planning on using them" the woman threatens.

"We still don't know where Alex is, but we are working on that" Mrs. Jones pauses clearing her throat "we are sending you home, because we saw suspicious activity around the house, you are no longer safe here. Your flight leaves this afternoon" Mrs. Jones explained getting up from the sofa after sliding the aeroplane ticket.

As she was leaving the house she pauses and turn back "I advise you to not speak of what happen to Alex to anyone, the CIA will watch you, if you slip they will know, and you won't like the consequences. As for the video it no longer exists.  We are not someone you should threaten, Miss Starbright" Mrs. Jones says before leaving the house.

"Make sure she catches her flight" she said to the police officers that had come with her before entering her car.

After his talk with Yassen, the assassin took him back to the bedroom. Alex was emotionally drained, his head full of emotions that he couldn't process. But Alex only knew one thing: his hatred for MI6 only had grown.

Once again they had betrayed him, they omitted that they were the reason he was in this mess. They killed his father.

On the other hand Alex try to imagine what would life be like if his father was still alive. Would his survival implicate that his mother would have also lived? If his father was alive would she have entered that plane?

Would he even be a decent father, he was a killer, he probably did terrible things, like Yassen he had probably destroyed many families, could Alex lived knowing that, could he lived knowing that his father killed people for a living no matter their age. A killer couldn't be a decent person, and probably couldn't be a decent father.

But for now Alex wanted to be selfish and wish that his father was alive, maybe the man would have lied to him like his uncle had, so he wouldn't know that his father was an assassin. Or maybe he would have trained him to follow his footsteps. Alex wonder if training to be a killer was different from training to be a spy.

Although his mind was running all kinds of thoughts, Alex was emotionally drained so when his head hit the pillow, he was already asleep.

His sleep didn't last long, when what seemed like 5 minutes, the light turned on and the duvet was ripped off him. Alex woke up alarmed, disoriented by the lack of sleep, only to find a slightly blurred Yassen standing by the door.

"Get dressed and meet me outside, you have 10 minutes" the man said closing the door leaving Alex to question if it was real or if he was still asleep.

Surely enough, after clumsy getting out of bed, he found some clothes siting on the desk, and the shoes that Yassen had taken siting by the door. Alex didn't have the energy to think, he limited himself to just dress the clothes that Yassen had brought him, once again sport clothes, although this time a thermal shirt had made the pile.

Once he was done, he opened the door, not finding the assassin at the door, right he told him to meet him outside. Slowly he started to walk to the direction he thinks lead outside.

The hallways remained empty, the only sound that could be heard was his light footsteps, Alex didn't know how but the soft sound, was making his headache worse. He rubbed his eyes trying to get rid of the crusty felling.