Chapter 12

Yassen led him to the opposite side that the rest were. So, he wasn't going to train with the others. Alex didn't know if he liked that or not especially since the guy that tried to beat him up was looking at him with a smug grin on his face, Alex decided to call him smug face, he was probably waiting for the chance to have a go at Alex one more time.

On the other hand if he wasn't sparing with the others that meant he was fighting with Yassen, something that he wasn't looking forward, he just hoped that he will go easy on him and won't break him any bones.

"Get on the mats and stretch" Yassen said before turning his back entering a room.

Alex took out his shoes entering the mats. The last time that Alex had trained had been on a martial arts school, an actual school, not this. The last time had been all about self-defence, something that Ian had always invested in him. Since he could remember he has taken that classes until he was finally a black belt. He could still remember Ian's proud face when he passed the belt test, receiving his black one, after that they spent the entire evening together, it was a fond memory.

But now it wasn't about self-defence, but apparently Ian's intention wasn't purely on self-defence either, so what difference did it make. 'A lot' Alex thought in the back of his mind.

He cleared his mind focusing on stretching his muscles while observing the class going on in the other side of the room. They were all extremely focused, they were in pairs fighting each other like their life dependent on that. All the while the teacher was going around them correcting something's and giving tips.

Alex shuddered, if Yassen decided to fight like that with him, he won't be walking out of there.

Just then Yassen arrived carrying some punching and kicking pads. Alex's breath out, at least he wasn't starting with punching the soul out of Alex.

"You're done?" Alex wasn't but he nodded either way

Gregorovich approach him handing some cotton tape to wrap his hands "put this on" Alex quickly wrapped his hands careful to have all the correct spots covered.

"Let's get started then" Yassen said when he was done, putting a punching pad in both of his hands.

"shouldn't I change like them" Alex interrupted before they could begin directing his look to the class on the other side where all of them were dressed in the traditional GUI, while Alex was still dressed in a shirt, the jacket already discarded in the bench nearby.

"In a fight you won't be dressed like that" Yassen pointed out. That was true, but then he didn't understand why Yassen didn't follow what seemed to be the teaching style, or why the others were still hanging on to that technical part.

"I won't be getting the chance to stretch either, or have this" Alex retorted lifting a hand

"you won't, but for now there isn't the need for you to be more sore than you need to be. It will affect your training. That won't affect your training, it will only waste time"

Once again Gregorovich raised his arms, getting in position. "We will start simple, I want to see where you are, before we advance"

"I'm a black belt, I already know how to fight" Alex informed hoping to skip this whole thing and spare a beating.

"I know that, but you still have a lot to learn. A black belt wasn't enough to beat Damian Cray" once again Yassen put himself into position "now begin"

He already concluded that there was not getting away from this. He copied Yassen, he parted his feat centring his body so that he had a strong stance.

He threw his left fist, meeting the pad as Yassen brought it forward, following his right and repeat.