Chapter 9

After lunch, Yassen took him back to is room with instructions to shower and get ready in fifteen minutes, before the door was slammed on his face.

Alex took that opportunity to hide the fork that was nearly stabbing his arm. He decided he would hide it in the bathroom attached to his room, concluding that the least probable place for hidden cameras would be the bathroom, at least he hoped that Scorpia on top of being psychopaths wouldn't be creeps.

He didn't have many options on where to hide it, so he kept it simple, he planned to used it tonight so unless they planned to check the room everyday he would probably save, it was a risk he was willing to take. Alex opened the back of the toilet and hid the fork on the water tank.

Deciding that he already wasted too much time, he quickly entered the shower, happily getting rid of the sweaty clothes. Ten minutes later he was dressed, hair dripping and face red from the hot water. He decided to test the door of the room to surprisingly find it open, only to come face to face with Yassen. The man didn't say anything only pushing a stack of books in his arms before turning around "come" he ordered.

They walked a similar path as the day before, and for a moment Alex thought that Yassen was taking him to see the woman again, but they stopped a few doors before.

Yassen ushered him inside a similar office, it had a desk, a shelf with books and a couch in the corner, it was actually a cosy office that didn't suit the assassin in his opinion.

"What, do you come here to drink your cup of tea, is that it?" Alex said in hopes of testing the assassin patience.

Yassen simply ignores him, sitting on the desk, putting down a computer that only now he had notice he had brought. He looked over a sheet of paper before sliding it to the other side of the table.

"You have the rest of the day to finish everything that is on this paper. If you don't, you will regret it in your training tomorrow"

Curiously, Alex put down the books that he was still holding and read the paper. Only then he noticed the cover of the books, it was his books. Alex whole body froze, it was his books, that he last saw sitting on his desk in his room in Chelsea. Someone was in his house, in his room. Suddenly a sick felling rose trough Alex and for a moment he thought he was going to throw up.

"Don't tell me that Scorpia doesn't have money to buy new books" Alex said masking his fearful expression.

"I thought that you would appreciate having some familiarity" Yassen responded not even lifting his gaze from the computer screen, "now do your work"

Alex pondered just sitting there for the rest of the afternoon, but he was enough behind his work as it is. Besides, after he managed to get out of here, he would still need to pass his classes, and it would be a lot easier to do if he already had done the work.

He looked over the list before opening the first book. "I don't have anything to write with" Alex realized. For the first time, Yassen looked up at him before passing his eyes through the desk. Alex almost smirked at the thought of Yassen not having a simple pen.

But against his happiness, the assassin opened a drawer on his side of the desk. Alex heard ruffling of some papers before Yassen took out a fancy black pen, the ones that people usually gift people to sign documents, the ones that cost a fortune, surely not intended to use to write homework.

Suddenly a new objective came to his mind as he was handed the pen, until the two hours were finished, he would dry out that pen. So he started to work, writing as much as possible, and occasionally drawing some figurines in the margin, making sure to drench it with paint.

In the end, Alex got ahead of work, but as Yassen was closing the computer, the pen was a goner. Alex felt a sense of satisfaction as he gave the pen back" It ran out of paint" Alex said smirking.

Yassen raised an eyebrow "it was new" he stated looking at the paper Alex had been written, finding it full of doodles at the margins, "I write a lot" he responded.

"Come on It's time for dinner" once again Alex found himself in the cafeteria, only this time Yassen didn't trust him alone, choosing to sit with him. Needless to say it was an awkward supper since Alex could feel everyone's eyes on top of him, fortunately the presence of the assassin helped avoid another encounter like the last one.

An hour later, Yassen took him back to his room, Alex was going to enter before a hand pushed him back. The young spy looked back at Yassen with an annoyed expression.

"Shoes" the man simply said.

"What?" the teen asked, confused.

"Give me your shoes, it will be returned in the morning."

"Seriously" Alex said, dumbstruck about what he was asked. The assassin didn't say anything, only extending his hand. "For fuck's sake" Alex cursed, taking off his sneakers and giving them.

After that, he was pushed back to the room and promptly locked in once again.

Alex scoffed, if they thought that the lack of shoes would stop him from escaping they were mistaken, he would get out of here barefooted if he had to.

After that, Alex laid for hours in the bed.

It wasn't that he couldn't sleep, in fact he caught himself slipping a few times, barely catching himself before he fell asleep. Alex was waiting, he had made a plan, and it was imperative that he acted quickly, Yassen wouldn't be expecting for him to make a move this soon, at least he hoped so.

Alex didn't have a clock, but he knew that it had passed at least a few hours, and the majority would be in bed.

It was time to move. Alex went to the bathroom and took out the fork he had hidden, drying it with a towel.

He knew he could make this work. He pressed half of the spikes of the fork down, on the bedside table, bending them down.

Going to the door, he inserted what was left of the fork in the lock.

He turned slowly as possible, manoeuvring the fork as his uncle had taught him, being careful not to make any noise as he heard the lock click.

He grinned when the door opened. Alex put his head out, seeing if anyone was out in the hallway, it was empty. Looking to Yassen room door, he was pleased to find it closed with no light coming out underneath.

Carefully closing his door, he ran down the hallway, making no noise thanks to his shoeless feet. He tried his best to retrace the steps from where Yassen had taken him in the morning, smiling in relief when he finally saw his target.

The computer room, the same place where Yassen had taken him to show him the camera footage.

Alex tested the door and was surprised when he found it unlocked, although since he apparently was the only prisoner on the island, it made sense that classrooms remained unlocked.

He closed the door behind him, finding himself staring at a dozen of computers, he guessed that they used this room to teach about hacking, a class that Alex wouldn't mind taking.

He quickly turned on a computer, wanting to go back soon before someone found him.

When Yassen showed him the video, Alex took notice of one thing, the Wi-Fi connection that showed at the bottom of the screen. Thankfully, the computers didn't require a password, something that Alex had been afraid.

Finally, with the computer opened, Alex quickly logged on his e-mail, making a note to not forget to delete all his traces. Alex didn't have the e-mail contact of anyone of MI6,even if he did, he would probably still write it to Jack, to ensure she would know. He wrote quickly and simple, not wanting to waste time.

Jack, I'm OK. Tell MI6 that I'm in Malagosto

Before Alex was ready to hit send, a Voice interrupted him, "what are you doing?"