Chapter 20

Alex woke up first before opening his eyes, he was comfortable and warm, his body wanting nothing else than falling back asleep, to escape reality and all the pain that he had been suffering since his uncle died. At least when he was asleep nothing hurt, nothing troubled him, nothing bother him, in his sleep he was free, when he was awake, he was a prisoner of his mind, MI6 or SCORPIA, he was never left alone. He wanted to fall back asleep he really did, but a heavy and vibrating weight on his chest made him open his eyes to see what it was.

He was still sluggish and the feeling that his eyes were glued shut didn't help, one more reason to not even try to open them. Eventually he opened them to look at the dark room lighted only with a small breach from the barely open door that let some light entered from the hallway.

Finally, Alex mustered the strength and the will to lift his head from the pillow to see what was weighting him down only to see a cat. Alex froze in confusion, last thing he remembered he was in the safehouse, and he could bet that they didn't have a cat, maybe he was still asleep, and this was all a dream, or maybe he finally lost his mind and was starting to see things

The cat must have noticed that it was being watched since he opened his eyes lazily looking at him with disinterest before stretching its limbs and getting off him jumping to the ground with a soft thud.

Alex watched confused as he watched the cat leave the room before he let his head fall in the pillow. He probably should get up, and wash his face, perhaps that would help in not imagining animals or demons if things got out of hand.

Alex slowly got up sitting on the bed looking around the room, despite the low lighting he could see that this wasn't the room that Crawley had taking him last night, not even close, from the decoration alone he could see that he wasn't even on the safehouse any more.

He frowned, he didn't remember being moved, did something happen? Did Scorpia find him so fast? If so that would be embarrassing for him and for MI6

He imagined he wouldn't get another room from Scorpia, not one this nice at the moment they probably want to give him a dark cold damp cell and a bullet, or something worse, probably something worse, much worse.

He got up stumbling in the direction of the open door, the best way to find out was to see for himself, and deal with the consequences later. He walked out of the room following the hallway reaching what looked like to be the kitchen. There was a woman sitting on one of the chairs, a woman that he recognized, very well, a woman that he spent the last few weeks hating with all his heart.

"Alex, you're finally awake" she exclaimed putting down her phone on the table

Alex looked at her like she had grown a second head, was he having a fever dream or something, first the cat and now her, from a dream this had quickly become a nightmare

"Mrs. Jones, what are you doing here?" he asked confused, his voice coming out rough like he had spent the day before shouting.

"Well, Alex, considering that this is my home. I was just finishing breakfast" she gestured to the table only then Alex noticed the empty dishes in front of her.

"Your house-" Alex begun interrupting himself when he remembers something "Wait you have a cat? "Alex asked surprised, said cat choosing that moment to enter the kitchen rubbing itself against Alex legs.

"Is that really so surprising?" Mrs. Jones asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes" he responded without excitation "what its name?" Alex asked while bending down to pet the cat making it once again start to purr.

"It's Q" she responded.

"Just Q? Like one letter? Did the keyboard stopped working, and you decided that a letter was good enough?"