Chapter 8

After their talk, Alex was more lost than ever. Ever since he got in here, all he got was questions but no answers, and it seemed that he wouldn't be getting them any time soon.

"Now, let's talk about your training." Yassen said interrupting his thoughts "every morning, before breakfast we will run around the island, each week we will do it faster. After breakfast, I will have you do some specialized training, it can be the same every day, it can be different, it will be who will decide. After lunch, you will do some schooling"

"What? You will teach how to torture?" Alex joked, hoping that it wouldn't be the case

"No, Alex, Maths. You still have to finish your education"

"you're literally making me miss school" Alex protested

"And I'm compensating that fact"

They stopped once again, "did you already study all your escape possibilities?" the assassin suddenly asked

Alex remained quiet, in fact all of their time outside, Alex had been looking around trying to be discrete, obviously not that discrete if the assassin noticed.

"It's the boat" Yassen supplied, pointing with is head to the boat that had brought them. Alex of course had already come to that conclusion, unless he wanted to swim out of the island, he needed the boat

"The keys are with Ms. Rothman. Of course, if you manage to get them you still need to take off your tracker" he was mocking him, telling all he needed to know with the knowledge that he couldn't do anything. Regardless, at least now Alex knew how to get out. He just needed to get rid of Yassen.

"Now, let's start with your training"

As the next few hours passed, Alex did everything, he ran he jumped, he sweat. For now, he was just thankful that he hadn't been made to jump into the cold sea, that was just a few meters from them.

Yassen's training was still the complete opposite to his uncle's. While Ian's was fun and discrete, Yassen's made him feel miserable.

He was in the middle of doing push-ups when he saw the other students filing out of the building, seeming on a break. Alex already envies them, just from the lack of sweat that didn't cling to their skin, opposite of him, that had his shirt clinging to his chest.

Some look their way, probably curious of Yassen new and first apprentice. Alex could see that they made a move, starting to walk their way, but a look from Yassen made them stop, he didn't want any disturbance or audience.

Alex dropped to the ground, stopping his push-ups.

"I didn't tell you to stop" the assassin told him from where he stood next to him

Regardless, Alex got up dusting his shirt "I'm tired" he said matter-of-factly, not that it was a lie.

"Alex, do as you are told" the assassin warn him, lowering his voice.

"No, we've been at this for hours" Alex said, standing his ground. Except for the occasional moments that Yassen made him drink water, he didn't stop for one second, contrary to the assassin that didn't lift a finger the entire time, seeming to enjoy just watch Alex suffering as he added another thing for him to do.

"Did you think that this would be easy, Alex?" Yassen said taking a step forward

"I didn't think anything because I didn't want this" Alex said, yelling out the last part, not caring if that attracted any attention

"Did you already forget our last conversation" the assassin threatened, taking another step forward

"We took a plane, we're not in London" Alex responded back.

Strangely the assassin smiled softly "you really don't know the power of Scorpia, but I will show you" he said walking away.

The curiosity got the best of Alex as he followed Yassen. He wonders what he would show him to prove his point, he just hoped that he wouldn't be force to watch someone get killed or tortured

They entered once again the building, this time in a room full of computers, Alex wondered if he could break inside alone to send a message to someone to inform them of his whereabouts

As Alex looked around the room, Yassen messed around a computer before turning the screen to him. Alex froze at the image displaying, felling the terror creeping up him, in the screen showed Jack in their house, it was a live image, Alex knew. They had cameras in his house.

"All it would take was a phone call. You can even watch"

"OK, I will do the training. Just don't hurt her" he said cautiously, afraid of Jack getting hurt because of him.

Yassen didn't say anything, he just simply looks at his watch, "It's time for lunch anyway." This time the assassin didn't trust Alex to follow him, grabbing his shoulder to push him out of the room, going once again to the cafeteria.

"I have to go to handle some affairs. But don't be mistaken, Alex, you will be watched"

The young spy, watched as Yassen left the cafeteria, but not before talking to someone, that didn't look like a student, who locked eyes with Alex. It didn't matter to Alex, if he was being watched or not, he wasn't planning on doing anything right now, not with everybody watching. He had to pick the right moment. He was making a move tonight.

Plus, he was still tired from the non-stop training, and now he was hungry, after his nose got assaulted by the smell of food.

Slowly, he made his way to grab a prepared tray with his meal. Contrary to this morning, the place was full of people chattering. Alex couldn't feel more out of place, not even at point black he felt this way, and he was pretending to be someone he was not. Here, he couldn't relate to anyone, they weren't even his age, or close to it for the matter. He chose to sit at a table in the back alone, all the way felling the stare of the man that Yassen talked to.

He also realized that plenty of people were staring at him, obviously they weren't used to see teenagers walking around the building.

He ate quickly, hearing in the back of his mind the voice of his uncle saying to slow down. But he didn't care, and unexpectedly the food was actually good, it made sense that Scorpia wanted their future operatives well feed, but still it was less of a thing he had to suffer.

His plate was empty when he remembered, what he has in his hands, stainless steel cutlery, while most of the students could be trusted with sharp and pointy objects he could not. The knife would be useless it wasn't sharp enough, the fork on the other end he could use it to pop open a lock. Discretely, he hides the fork under his sleeve, when a voice nearly made him jump out of his seat.

"So, you're, the brat that gregorovish took interest in" Alex remembered seeing him sitting in the class, that he had interrupted.

The lack of answer only seemed to enrage the man.

"Answer me" the man yelled in Alex face. At this point the whole cafeteria was silent, all heads turned to them, in the corner of his eye Alex saw the man that Yassen had talked to getting up.

"I'll answer, when you start brushing your teeth, you stink" Alex said, his voice echoing through the room

"you little shit" he sneered, retreating his arm to punch him. Alex acted quickly, taking advantage of the momentum he grabbed the rapidly approaching arm pushing it forward, getting himself out of the way. The man, not expecting the sudden force, fell forward to his knees next to Alex, who promptly elbowed the man in the face.

It was over before it could really begin, nobody did anything, most of them were shocked that a kid had beaten one of them. Alex only then noticed that Yassen had arrived, standing near the door with a pleased look on his face. Alex didn't wait to be told what to do, he merely made his way toward the assassin, who had already made his way out.

They had walked a couple of meters when Yassen spoke

"You should know that altercations between the students are forbidden"

"I didn't do anything, he tripped" Alex explained

"I noticed"