Chapter 5

Alex laid still on the gurney, dead to the world, like he had been for a couple of hours. The mask was still in place on his face but now, nothing was coming out off it, the only purpose that accomplished was fogging up the plastic whenever he breathes, proving that he wasn't a corpse.

The plane was in completely silence, with only two occupants plus one pilot. While Alex remained unconscious, the assassin that sat in a chair close to him, taking the time to get some work done on a laptop, from time to time stopping to check on his hostage. As the plane began its descent, he put the laptop way.

A few moments later, Alex was beginning to wake up, he only cracked his eyes open a little before closing them again, it was too bright, and too blurry for him to make the shapes, and he was still too weak to move, plus he was still restrained.

He was still on the plane, the lack off noise meant that they probably had landed. He heard footsteps passing him before hearing the sound of the jet door opening.

"Good evening, Sir, all your paperwork as been processed, I just need your signature, and you're all set to go. The vehicle is already here." A moment of silence passed, probably Yassen signing whatever it was needed.

Alex needed to do something to alert someone that he was being kidnapped. But he couldn't even open his eyes, he was strapped down, and by the sound of it the man worked for Yassen or whoever employed the assassin. Because Alex was almost certain that MI6 would have raised an international alarm, for airports to be on the look out for the assassin, at least he hoped they had.

Alex must zone out a little because the next thing he knew they were moving. They were outside, the cold air hitting his face.  For the first time, he was thankful for the shock blanket that covered him, because the thin t-shirt that he was wearing wouldn't do much against the harsh cold of the night.

He manages to open his eyes again as the stars from the sky were replaced by the soft light from the back of a van.  Not an ambulance this time, Alex notice, a sign that they weren't doing much to hide the fact that he wasn't a sick patient that was being transferred to another hospital.

Just as he heard the sound of the door closing, Alex, gathered the energy to emit a small groan muffled against the mask on his face.

"Sleep, Alex, we're almost there" Yassen said coming into his line of vision.

It had been approximately five minutes since Alex had woken up, but he already felt the exhaustion wash over him. The van didn't even start moving before his eyes closed against his will.

The next time he has woken up he was more alert than the first time, for once the control of his limbs had returned, not that it made much difference.

They were moving again, this time he was being rolled out off the van. Yassen once again pushing the stretcher.

"Where did you take me" Alex asked quietly?

"Quiet, Alex" Yassen responded, not in a particular rude manner, but in a hushed tone.

Alex didn't know why he obeyed the command, later he might blame it on the drug, but for now he occupied himself analyzing his surroundings.

Only then he realized that he wasn't getting out of the Van, but a boat. 'How much time had he slept' was the question. It still remained the question of where he was, what country had Yassen smuggled him into.

Alex once again tried to test the restraints but once again he had failed, the only thing he could do was wait, but by the looks of it Yassen seemed to persist to keep him tied up.

For the first time Alex saw people, not many, only a couple of them roamed the island stopping to look at him, some had guns Alex noticed.

He didn't get much time to look twice, as they entered another building

The Assassin wheeled him over a maze of hallways, the lights flashing over his eyes, before finally entering a room. Looking around, Alex saw that they were in a sort of medical lab. He couldn't stop the dread sweeping in his bones as he remembered his stay at point Blanc.

"Alex, I hope your trip went well" Alex focus was turned to a man dressed in a lab coat entering the room.

Of course, they would act like they didn't just kidnap him to God knows where, and on top of that, drug him.

"Let's take this off before we begin" the doctor was now beside him. Alex didn't know how he missed the man crossing the room.

In one move the mask on his face was gone, instantly he gulped a breath of fresh air, relieved when it didn't no longer damped his face.

"Did you give him all of it?" the doctor asked, turning to Yassen, while he was removing the tank that still laid next to him.

"Yes, he had it on the plane" Yassen said sounding as bored as ever, leaning on the wall with his arms crossed.

"Any complications?"

This time, Yassen only shakes his head as an answer.

"Good. Could you uncover him, and sit him up a little? Thanks" the man said, not even waiting for the answer before turning his back to them, sorting some things unto a tray.

The assassin approached him, taking off both off the straps that held the blanket in place.

"You don't have to do this. Just let me go, and you will never have to see me again" Alex tried to plead with Gregorovish, but the man only spared him a glance before focusing on the task.

"Look I'm sorry that I ruined Cray's plan, but he would have started a war" Alex bed was now lifted so that he was in an almost sitting position, a little awkward position since he was still restrained

"This has nothing to do with cray, little Alex. Now relax, the doctor will only do a check-up".

That moment, the supposed doctor turn around wheeling a cart over with some stuff on top of it, that Alex couldn't see from where he was laying on.

"I don't need a checkup" Alex said in a hopeless attempt to get out off the situation

"it's just a formality, Alex, nothing to be worried about. We know you're a healthy boy, we already have your file" Alex chose to ignore the last comment.

Alex laid there motionless, deciding to just let the man do what he wanted, if it wasn't armful

He checked, his heart, his lungs his eyes, it was annoying to say the least, but Alex decided to pick his battles, although he drew the line when he saw him pick up an empty syringe. Immediately Yassen came up to him, holding him down, restraining him even more.

No one, said anything about his outburst, it was useless really.  Alex could barely move and with Yassen holding him down he was helpless, in the end, the doctor stabs the needle in his arm taking away a vile of blood.

"There, Alex, it wasn't that hard" he said almost mockingly before turning to the assassin "I'm done now, you can take him"

Hearing that, the young spy thought that Yassen would simply start to push him out the door, but instead he started to release him off the restraints "If I were you, I would think twice about making some rash decision"

Right as the first hand was released, a hand quickly replaced the restraint immobilizing him. Once again, before Alex had any time to react, Yassen in one swift movement took something out of his pocket, putting it around his wrist before letting it go.

"What the hell is that" Alex screamed, taking his arm up to see better what it was. A sleek, skin tight, black band wrapped around his wrist, with nothing on it except a line running vertical at the back, presumably so it can open.

While distracted with the small device, he failed to notice that he was completely free of restrains, until the assassin pull him to his feet. Uncoordinated, Alex almost fell to the ground, his limbs asleep from having been held still from what must be hours.

"It's a tracker, Alex. And before you get any ideas, only I can take it off" Yassen responded, grabbing his arm directing him out off the room.