Chapter 7

Yassen stood in front of the room where Alex sleeps. In all years, he never disobeyed an order given to him by Scorpia. Not even when they told him to bring Alex rider to malagosto. Maybe he shouldn't have done that, maybe he shouldn't have told them in the first place of Alex's interference in Cray's plan or his stay in Point Blanc. He put the boy in Scorpia spotlight or maybe the young spy put himself in their line of view, and now he was simply living the consequences of his actions.

In truth, Yassen was giving an opportunity to Alex, to train himself, to learn the tools he needed to succeed to not get himself killed like he would have been if not for his interference, to build a name for himself. It would be up to Alex if he grabbed the opportunity or not.

"Yassen" a voice called; it was Rothman walking in his direction.

"I'm leaving, I have some board matters I need to attend" she pauses looking briefly at the door that the assassin was in front

"You place him next to you? "She asked

Yassen nodded, "it's better to keep him close by" he explains.

"Right, I'm glad you finally agree to train someone, I should expect you would only cave in for hunter's son" she paused again thinking of something "well I have great expectations, don't let me down" she said finally, walking away, probably to catch the boat out of the island.

Yassen watches her disappear in the hallway, before entering his room next to Alex's, preparing for the day he would have tomorrow.

Alex woke up with someone calling him

"Alex, wake up" that was not Jack, Alex sat up abruptly looking at the person in front of him. Yassen, right, Ash betrayed him, betrayed Mi6, and now he was in the grasp of Scorpia

"Change to these clothes, you have 5 minutes" the assassin said unbothered, dumping a pile of clothes in front of him.

"If you're not out of this room in that time I'll come in and put them myself" Yassen threaten, leaving the room.

Alex slowly got up and moving almost automatically he dressed in the clothes Yassen left him, sport clothes, he notices, but nonetheless it was better to not piss off the man.

He didn't know how much time he took, but when he was done, he opened the door to find Yassen still waiting for him.

He didn't say anything before starting to walk away, clearly expecting Alex to follow, an upgrade from the night before when he as almost dragged through the hallways. Alex didn't stretch his luck, not yet, not when he didn't know how to get out of here and followed the assassin.

Only then Alex realized that the building was huge, they walked massive halls, modern ones, passing the occasional armed personnel. Regardless, for a Scorpia owned building there was little security, at least to the naked eye.

But that was a positive thing, when he made his run out of here, he at least won't have to worry about guards patrolling the grounds. Of course, there is still the issue of Yassen, there won't be necessary guards to stop him when he is being forced to walk in the assassin shadow.

What about the other students, were they forced into it like he has been, or they were here on their own free will.

"Mr. Gregorovish" someone called from a room that had the door open.

He stopped, Alex did too. "I heard you got yourself an apprentice" the man said. Looking inside, Alex saw a classroom, full of people double his age. Alex didn't know if he should be surprised or not, but he had automatically assumed that this 'school' would be full of people his age.