Chapter 14

"Any update on Alex?" Blunt asked his deputy.

Mrs. Jones shook her head.

"A month with Scorpia" Alan Blunt said thoughtful, "that is more than enough time to manipulate a teenager."

Mrs. Jones didn't say anything

Blunt sighed, "I want you to exchange the alert we have on him. From now on, until he is found, he is a potential Scorpia operative."

"It's Alex we are talking, he is not a murderer" Mrs. Jones objected.

"He will be what Scorpia wants him to be. They probably told him what happen on Albert Bridge, their version of events."

"He helped us two times, he won't be on their side. He wants to do what is right, even when he's forced to"

"He's a Kid wanting answers, they will give them. The odds are not on our favour. Change the alert." That was the end of the conversation.

Alex lost count of how many days had passed since he had been brought to Scorpia.

The countless days of training merge together, everyone was different, but at the same time it was the same.

Between the fighting, running and even some of the theoretical lessons that some time threw in the game, Alex expected that had passed at least a month. Each day that passed, Alex couldn't make a plan from where he was going to escape.

He was on an island, the land was too far to swim there, his only option was to go on a boat. That was his first problem, there were only a couple of times when he had spotted the small boat anchored, he didn't see how the stocked up the island, they probably did it at night when Alex was locked up in his room.

If Alex wanted to go on the boat, he needs the keys, something that Alex didn't know where they were kept. He could try to hot hire the boat, but he didn't know if that was going to work, he only had a chance to do it, if he was caught he would probably be killed.

But even if he had the keys, or if hot wiring worked, there was still Yassen. During his stay here, the man had stuck by him like a leach. The times he had been left alone the assassin was always close by watching from the distance. And when he was alone, he was locked in his room.

Then there was the problem of the tracker on his wrist, he knew it work, it wasn't just pretend. He had proved that when Yassen caught him in when he escaped that first night, when he was clearly asleep in his room.

There were a lot of problems which Alex had solution to none, but he would figure it out, he always does. Until then, he was totally isolated, he didn't know what was happening in the world, Yassen didn't really showed him the news, he didn't even know what day it was. But that didn't matter, he didn't need to know the date to escape.

Right now Alex was waiting for Yassen to come get him for their morning run, the assassin must have got tired of waking him up every day since a few days in an alarm clock appear on the bedside table, he was used to the routine. There were no weekends or breaks, nothing that could distract him from his training, at the end of the day he was exhausted and slept like a rock, he would have to push that when the day came.

Today came the first break in his routine, he was done with his school work, he had finished all his course work the day before. Yassen of course had been keeping track of that, even though Alex hadn't made any comments on his progress.

So instead of after lunch, the time that they went to Yassen's office, Yassen took him to a place that he had never gone in. it was a long and tall room, like a school gymnasium, windowless lighten up by the artificial lights that were placed at the top.