Chapter 23

Alex found himself falling into a routine, but he always wondered when he would get his normal life back, or if he would ever get a normal life

Yassen was still at large, Scorpia gone into hiding, and Jack was all the way back in America.

No matter what changed, he was still alone, with no way to contact anyone.

Unknowns to Alex his brief piece was coming to an end, as a man delivered a letter with a scorpion stamped on one of the sides, the man smirked it was time for the payback.

Blunt, sat in his office reading the report that Crawley gave him. It seemed impossible to him that Alex rider had successfully completed a shooting course blindfolded when a month ago he barely could shoot clay plates right, but the boy had rider blood and John and Ian Riders had been nothing short of precision when it came to their skills. If anyone could surpass them it would be their own blood.

He watched the boy from the window of his office. He was sitting quietly in front of a desk, fidgeting with a small toy in his hand while talking to an agent. He didn't know how or when the boy had sparked friendship with his agents, but he had a mild suspicion, judging by the rumours that were circling around.

Of course no one had dared to ask him about them, but he had heard them and nobody had to tell him who had come up with such stupidity. He didn't know if he should be more disappointed with his agents for believing such a trivial rumour.

His phone rang, interrupting his thoughts. He answered, listening to the urgent voice from the other side

"I'm on my way" was the only thing he said before hanging up

Grabbing his briefcase he left his voice ignoring the two hushed voices whispering to each other while laughing.

"Mrs. Jones" he called his deputy that was working on her desk near the teenager, she looked up not even asking anything before grabbing her things

"don't cause any trouble while we're gone, Alex" she said

"I'm not the one who causes trouble" he said laughing to the other agent

They ignore the comment and left the building, entering a car

"Scorpia made contact, we have a meeting in Downey Street" he told Mrs. Jones.

There was never good news when Scorpia made contact with them, it always came with ridiculous demands impossible to meet. He wondered what they wanted this time.

They arrived at their destination in record time, it was categorized as an emergency after all, when it came to Scorpia every second was precious.

"Blunt, I always wish he met in different circumstances. Mrs. Jones, please have a seat" the prime minister greeted

"I believe you already been informed the reason for this meeting" he took out an envelope putting it on top of the table "Scorpia has a proposition, I took the liberty to read it first, and I've to say I was surprised."

The man slide the large envelope across the table for Blunt to take.

Dear Prime Minister,

It has come to The board of Scorpia attention, that our organization and your fine country doesn't have the best relation. Of course, we would like to change that, as we see the best advantages if we tied our forces.

In offer for immunity of Scorpia direct operation involving your country, we propose an exchange.

Our great organization is interested in one unofficial MI6 agent, Alex Rider, in exchange for that one agent not only Scorpia won't act in your country, but we will also release all of our British prisoners.