Chapter 3

Yassen was someone who wasn't used to failing, only one time he failed, and he made sure to learn by his mistake and never do it again. Failing in his line of business equals to being dead, and he was planning on living for a long time.

Although his inability to detain Alex the first time, didn't meant he failed, no, he was just outsmarted by the boy, he didn't think of a tracker, why would he have one in the first place.

But next time he would be prepared, he will bring Alex, take him away from MI6. Maybe at some extent they might even thank him. With some thought, the assassin took out his untraceable phone.

"I have a job for you"

Unlike the first time, the boy didn't woke up slowly, the drug now completely flush out of his body.

But unfortunately, a headache was made herself known, feeling like there was a hammer beating himself up against his head.

Groaning his arm went up his eyes covering them against the blinding eyes, laying there for a moment, Alex was almost falling asleep again in hopes of escaping the pain when a voice startled him.

"Good morning, Alex" he heard an almost sarcastic voice. But that woke him up, now realizing that he was not in his room. Suddenly all his memories from last night came rushing in his head. 'Gregorovich' Alex thought, his eyes widening. Looking frantically around the room, he didn't know if he felt relieved, seeing himself in Blunt's office, trapped inside with the man.

"Why don't you come sit, so we can have a talk" Blunt said nodding to the chair in front of is desk.

"What am I doing here?" Alex asked, sitting on the chair

"We rescued you, Alex, shouldn't you be pleased ?" blunt inquired, pushing his glasses up his nose.

"No, I mean here, in your office" the teen asked again starting to feel annoyed

"the doctor suspected a head injurie, but it seems that he had nothing to worry about" blunt leaned on his chair before continuing "now, what do you remember, Alex, about last night"

Alex leaned on his chair, about last night Alex, thought, why did Yassen take him, was to get away from MI6 did he want a hostage, because if he did want one, Sabina was a more obvious choice than Alex. Besides Yassen knew Alex had worked for MI6 so he probably didn't want a hostage

"Alex, what did you remember?" Blunt asked again, startling the teen from his thoughts

"we were on the plane, I was fighting cray, but I hit my head, I was in the floor, I thought I was going to die" Alex stopped swallowing dry "but then Yassen shot Cray and handcuffed Sabina. He tried to drag me out off the plane, but I wasn't letting him, before I knew it, he had me on the ground and inject me with something, I passed out when he placed me in his car"

"And then?" Blunt asked, raising his eyebrows

"nothing, I wake up here"

"You don't remember if Yassen said anything to you?"

Alex shakes his head, did anything else happen? Was it normal he not remembering something, he probably should go to the hospital '

"Very well, Alex, you can go now, someone will take you home" blunt said dismissing the boy

"What about Gregorovich, what if he tries to kidnap me or something?"
"Gregorovich, is probably on a plane, very far from here. He just took you as a distraction, you have nothing to worry about"

"I heard that one once" Alex retorted

"And I hope not having to repeat myself, Alex, but if it calms you, I will place an agent in your house" Blunt said as if he was talking to a small child "now go, I've got work to do"

Alex happily got up from the chair, wanting to get out of the suffocating dark office, and away from the man who occupied it.

The young spy couldn't fell enraged by Blunt's action's, of course the man would dismiss him, only offer him the security of an agent. If a whole team couldn't apprehend Yassen, what would a single agent do, probably a blood stain on the carpet, when the assassin shoots him in the head.

The thought alone, made Alex shudder, he was alone, unconscious with the mercenary, if the man wanted to kill him, he could have done it, and the only thing to rescue would be his body.

Alex didn't understand why Yassen didn't kill him, why he didn't let Cray shot him in the plane, or in the warehouse. Gregorovich didn't lack of opportunities to kill him, and until this day he was alive thanks to that man. And it seems that everyone knew the reason except for him, because once again MI6 was hiding information from him.

Arriving to the entrance Alex founds Mrs. Jones and Crawley talking to each other in silent tones, probably talking about him, Alex thought

The pair quickly stopped upon seeing the teen walking in their direction

"Alex, is your head better?" Mrs. Jones asked

"Yes, I'm used to them by now" Alex said smirking remembering the interrogation exercise that MI6 arranged for him, making Mrs. Jones feel even more guilty about the boy.

"Alright, come on I'll take you home" she said to Alex before turning to the man she was talking before "I expect the report in my desk when I arrive"

Entering the sleek black car, Alex spared one last look at the building he hopes to never see again before Mrs. Jones started the car, making the journey back to his home

"Alex, I want you to know we are very thankful for what you did, you prevented a war" Mrs. Jones said, breaking the silence of the car.

Alex, wanted to laugh in the woman face, thankful, since when

"It doesn't seem like it" Alex said to her sounding like a moody teenager, if they treated him like a child, he would act like one

"What did Blunt said to you" she asked looking briefly at the other passenger before turning her attention back to the street

"That I have nothing to worry about, Gregorovich probably used me as a distraction to get away and is already on a plane somewhere"

After Alex statement, Mrs. Jones didn't ask any more questions or said anything, just drive silent the rest of the way, looking like she was lost in her thoughts.

Arriving to his home, already seeing Jack waiting for him, he got out of the car "Take car Alex" Mrs. Jones said to him, before he closed the door

"Alex" Alex was tackled by a hug by his housekeeper, "what happened? I was worried sick" she asked frantically after breaking his hug

"Damian Cray happened"

"What happened to your head?" she asked, checking the bandage that covered his wound
"I'm fine, I just hit my head" he said, swatting her hand while smiling

"I'm hungry, can we order Pizza?"

Back at the MI6 headquarters, an angry woman was seen barging in the head of special operations office

"I presume you took Alex home" the man said, unaffected by her second hand actions.

"Did you lied to Alex?" she asked direct to the point

Blunt leaned back on his chair looking at her before replying, "the boy doesn't remember the incident; I don't think the best course of action is to alarm him"

"He is a target to an international assassin, Alan" she said exasperated.

"We both know that Yassen Gregorovich will not kill Alex rider, besides I already sent someone to guard the boy, one of our best"

"If something happens to that boy, you will be the one to blame" Mrs. Jones accused before turning to leave his office

"you've grown too attached"

Alex was just finished getting a shower and changing into some decent clothes when the doorbell rang.

Getting down the stairs, he takes a look from the window before opening the door

"You must be Alex, I'm Ash, Blunt sent me"