Chapter nine

Hi..... Long time eh? Thanks to r5erlynch_r5 and music_n_bks_rml I'm posting this chapter. So don't forget to thank 'em. And this chapter is dedicated to XX_Otaku4Life_XX Why? Well because she is a very nice friend and deserves it.
Happy reading......
Alex's pov:

The sound of the doorbell rang through the house. It's already Saturday. Mom and Anna must be on the other side of that door. Three days weren't enough for Eli to become fine again. She is sick than ever. She's always warm and is always in bed. I'm really worried. The medicines aren't helping at all. I hope mom has some cure for this.

I walked over and opened the door to see mom and Anna standing there with a carry on bag. "How are you Alex?" Mom asks hugging me.

"Good. What about you and Anna?" I ask taking the bags from her.

"We've been well." She says. Well Eli hasn't.

"Mom, I need to talk to you." I start sitting on the couch. David brings two glasses of water for them. Mom looks at me, telling me to continue. "About that girl-"

"Oh ya, we didn't see her outside." She said taking sips.

"Ya well, that's because I brought her home." I say slowly. Mom takes a spit take.

"What?!" She scolds. Anna just looks shocked. "I told you to be careful with beggars!"

"She's not a beggar mom, see, you need to listen to her side of the story too." I say. I tell her about it. She had that frown on her face through out.

"I'm going to go in and be with her. If that's ok with you Alex." Anna says. I nod and she gets up, walking into Eli's room.

"Alex... I don't know about this." Mom starts.

"But I do! Mom try to understand. Won't you be happy if someone helps Anna when she is in a rough time?" I ask. She sighs and nods.

"You are right." She says in defeat. I smile and look at the door that is separating me and Eli.

Eli's pov:

I woke up to someone staring at me. At first when I opened my eyes, I jumped in fear. "Relax, I'm Anna. Alex's sister. And you are Elizabeth right?" I nod and sit up. She looked down at my hands; they were really thin. "So... I heard from Alex, I'm sorry." I just shrugged.

"So do you produce sound or....." she trailed off. I bursted out laughing.

"You are so much like your brother." I said whilst laughing. She joined in,

"Ya I get that a lot." She laughes. The door creaked open making us look over at the door. Alex and a lady who looked in her late 40's, stood there.

"I see that you've already met Anna. I hope that she didn't creep you out." Alex says. I smile weakly. "Anyways, Eli, meet my mother, mom, Elizabeth." He introduced. Mrs. King walked up to me and engulfed me in a hug.

"Oh you poor thing." She cooed. I suddenly felt loved. Mom never did this to me. Even when I was sick or if I was injured. "Why do you feel so warm?" She asked.

"She's got a fever mom." Alex says. "I'll leave you ladies alone." He said and walked out of the room, closing the door in the process.

"Aw, you are going to feel much better after my special soup. I'll make it later in the afternoon. Having it in the morning can make you sit in the toilet." I laughed at the statement.