Chapter thirteen

Eli's pov:

A month has passed since the incident. Alex's family left two weeks ago and its been really quiet since then. I miss them. Anna was a great friend. Dorothy was an amazing mom. Victor was a great second dad. I really miss them.

Alex and I have become really distant since the incident. I guess it was awkward after the kiss Emily gave him... forcefully. I sighed in dispair. Just when things were getting better between us. I thought. I walked into the kitchen to see Alex near the stove. "Ah ah ow!" He exclaimed.

"Oh my gosh Alex!" I rushed to his side. I turned off the stove and took his finger. It was burnt badly. "What were you even trying to do?" I asked as I removed a bowl and pour cold water in it. I dipped his finger in it as he cursed quietly.

"David's on leave for a week and I was hungry." He replied. I took a glance at what he was cooking. There was a big fat chicken on a frying pan. I frowned as I took a fork and cut a small piece of it, placing it in my mouth. It resulted me in coughing.

"This is burnt." I took the frying pan and opened the dustbin lid. I flipped the pan but the stubborn chicken wouldn't budge. "Ugh forget it! The foolish and stubborn chicken that this is, it won't move." I said and tossed the whole pan in the dustbin. I turned to Alex who's eyebrows were raised so up that it scared me that it would get mixed up with his hair.

"Um ok... now what do we eat? That chicken was supposed to be our dinner." He whined.

"I guess we'll just end up eating salad with juice." I shrugged. He nodded.

"We can go light." He whispered to himself. "Ok lets start." He took out the vegetables while I removed two three oranges. Alex started trying to cut the cucumber. Key word: trying

He was cutting with the blunt side of the knife. "Alex!" I scolded. I took the knife and handed it to him in the correct direction. "Gosh, I can see that you know nothing about cooking." I stated and went back to my oranges.

After I was done squeezing the juice out of the oranges I started cutting the tomatoes. Once everything was cut, I decorated the salad plate. "Dressing?" Alex asked. I nodded. "Which one? I have Honey Mustard, Ranch, Italian dressing,French dressing or just onions?" He asked.

"Honey Mustard! I love honey mustard!" I cheered.

"Hahaha, I like it too." He mixed the dressing in the salad. "I hope this tastes good."

*-*_*-*

"So, I have an idea, how about we play the 20 question game?" Alex asks. I shrugged and took a bite of my salad. "Ok, um... special dish?"
I stopped eating. "Seriously? Out of all questions, this is your question?" I asked. He shrugs. "Cheese pasta." I say. "You?"

"French toast." He says. An idea popped into my head as I smirked. "Color?"

"Black." I say simply. "First girlfriend?"

"Jenny." He blushs. "She was one sweet girl I knew." I couldn't help but get jealous of what he said. "Anyways, first kiss?"

"Didn't have it yet." I say simply.

"Really?" I nod. "Well how do you want it?" He asks taking a sip of the juice that I made (without sugar)

"A cliché one." I say. "Maybe on the beach. Near the water..... on a starry night." I dreamed. I have always wanted my first kiss to be romantic.

"That really is cliché." He agrees.

"My turn," I say. "Uh, what happened with you and Emily the other day? You know. The kiss." I asked. My heart picked up a fast pace.