American Gothic

Nikolina's POV
Elena pulled over very aggressively might I add. We had ditched Damon's car a while ago but I was confused by the stop.

"Why are we stopping?!" Rebekah asked getting out the car "we've searched three cities in the last 24 hours" I got out the car and followed them "I'm sick of top 40 radio and I smell like leather" Elena walked away "and that's my fault?" Rebekah accused "guys can we just chill? Like for two seconds at least!" Rebekah rolled her eyes at me.

"Elena is the one who stole the list of Katherine's possible whereabouts! Did you ever think that Damon had bad information?" The two were now standing face to face while I leaned against the street pole behind Elena just observing.

"Have I mentioned I can't stand the sound of your voice?" Elena said walking off leaving Rebekah and I behind her. "Too bad! We're not done! Get in! Next town!" Elena turned around to face Rebekah "in a minute, I'm hungry" I saw Elena stare at the red head who was getting into her car.

"We're not here for a pub crawl, Elena! I want the cure, Katherine had it! We don't stop until we find her!" I mentally face palmed myself. "I said in a minute" Elena went to the red head and I walked away.

Once I was far enough away for them to hear me I called Stefan.

"Stefan?" "Hey Nikole how's it going?" "Well we've been tracking Katherine but no luck, thankfully" "yeah well Damon and I found his car thanks for the tip" "alright we'll I gotta go before they get suspicious" "alright just keep us posted" "yeah of course, bye Stefan" "bye nikole"

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

We walked up to the Post Office with me following behind Rebekah and Elena. "Hey excuse me um do I have any mail today?" Elena asked the mailman "what happened to your hair?" He asked instead of answering her question Elena and Rebekah looked at each other "I cut it" he looked skeptical "in the last two minutes?" Elena looked shocked "I was here two minutes ago?" I mentally face palmed myself at Elena's stupidity! Had she ever heard of improv before?

The mailman walked away "she was here two minutes ago that means that she can't be that far! How about you check inside I'll look in the parking lot and Nikole— "will also be in the parking lot" Elena rolled her eyes but allowed me to follow her as Rebekah ran inside.

"You could have went with Rebekah you know that right?" I laughed humorlessly "yeah but umm I was hoping we could talk" "talk about what? We had a one night stand no need to make this awkward" I rolled my eyes and walked away from her.

I wasn't hurt just annoyed that she brushed me off like that. I heard a bang and I ran towards Elena. When I finally caught up to her she was being pinned up to a mail truck by Katherine. "Well there's a pretty familiar face" Katherine slowly turned to look at me "well if it isn't Nikolina Mikealson" I smiled at her "hi kitty kat".

Katherine then focused back onto Elena who was still pinned up by her "well I was about to say I'm impressed that you found me but then Nikki came to your rescue. I suppose you wouldn't mind if I killed her right here, would you Nikki?"

I pondered this and Elena looked at me her eyes pleading with fear. I'm not the type of person to cry over a dead person but there was something about Elena that made me want to save her. Just as I was about to tell Katherine to let her go she was flew back and landed on the ground.

Rebekah fluffed her hair and smiled sickeningly at Katherine "Hi Katherine" no one but Niklaus, Elijah and I knew about Katherine since Klaus had daggered the rest of them. "Get up we've got things to do" Rebekah pulled Katherine up and dragged her over to the diner. Elena was smiling and I just followed behind them.