Pictures of You

Nikole's POV
I walked into the mansion with Elena still on my mind. How could she think I didn't like her the way she was? Personally I didn't mind her being a vampire but what I didn't mind was her being rude to me. She was the only person who actually made me feel these feelings.

Feel these feelings? "Nikole?" I looked up and realized that I was standing in front of Klaus in his art room. "I like that one" I said pointing to the painting of me sitting on the canvas.

"It's not finished" I laughed and walked towards him. "I'm not going to apologize Niklaus, I did nothing wrong I have never betrayed you... so why would your dagger me?" I stared into his crystal blue eyes waiting for a response "because you're my blind spot" I laughed humorlessly.

"Klaus that doesn't— "so I daggered you because if you had asked me to leave Elena alone I would have! Just because you asked me!" This actually surprised me. Sure it was known that I was Klaus' favorite but he himself had never confirmed it.

"Niklaus I— "you don't have to say anything just know that I am sorry... and I missed you Nikole, greatly" I smiled at him before hugging him. "I missed you too" I kissed his cheek and allowed him to hold me as I smiled against his shoulder.

"I forgive you Niklaus but I swear if you ever— "I won't" we said nothing else that night but we came to an agreement and we were friends again.

Nine Days Later

I was sitting on the couch half listening to Rebekah about taking the cure for the millionth time and sketching Elena. "Elijah being human means a fresh start! I could grow old and have a family and fill my days with meaning knowing that each one matters" I was about to speak up when Klaus cut me off "well that was poetic" he said mockingly and Elijah just ignored him "well if you could come up with a more compelling reason for wanting the cure, Klaus, please" Elijah wasn't ignoring Klaus but rather shutting him down.

Klaus sat up from his laying position and I listened in more intensely "Silas can appear as anyone. He got inside my thoughts, convinced me I was dying! He will torment me until I give him the cure" "and I'm doing so he will break down the wall to the other side!" Rebekah said her eyes filling with tears.

"So it doesn't trap him there when he dies! He wants to reunite with his lost soul mate! You, of all lovesick fools, should applaud his devotion" Klaus said taking a stab at both Rebekah and Elijah since I would choose family over my lover every time.

"He will open the gate for every supernatural being that has ever died!" I smiled "but that includes Kol and traitor Finn, but mostly Kol!" Rebekah growled at me and I just smiled before returning to my sketch.

"I can not believe that you two are using Kol and Finn as a clutch! You both hated Kol and Klaus kept Finn in a box for most of his life to which you agreed upon Nikolina!" I rolled my eyes at her "I do not hate Kol and Finn! They're my brothers! Yes Finn is a crybaby mama's boy and Kol is immature and annoying but I love them both very dearly!"

"Your personal discomfort might not be resin enough for putting the entire world in jeopardy Niklaus" Klaus' smile went away while a big one crept on Rebekah's face. I could sense the hostility between them so I spoke up.

"I think our sister deserves a shot at happiness" Rebekah looked relived as Elijah nodded to agree with me "tell me you're joking! Tell me you're not dating me to an eternity of torture". I knew Klaus wasn't speaking to me but I still felt horrible.

I had to choose between Rebekah's suffering or Klaus'. "I want to change my vote" I said and Rebekah looked at me the tears returning "you have that right Nikolina, however I've made my decision".