CHAPTER 3: CHILDHOOD

*Heather's POV*

I heard the school bell rang, signaling the beginning of the first period. Some of them rushed to their class, and the others just sauntered. Great, my first period was math. I hoped I didn't get a headache. I followed the map that was given by the school. Then I saw a labeled name on the door. I waited outside the classroom and I could hear a lot of noises. I didn't know why I felt really nervous. I could imagine myself, standing there like an idiot person. I forgot, Blake was there with me. I felt embarrassed because he was staring at me all the time with confused. He was about to ask, but I shook my head.

'Dang it, I'm just wasting my time here.' I thought.

I gathered all the courage that I had. I entered the class with all my might. Everyone stopped their 'chit-chat' and stared at me. It was really awkward which I really hate this kind of situation. Then, a big group of girls rushed towards me.

They were asking me a lot of questions like; where did I come from? What kind of business is my family running? What kind of house that I lived? Yeah, these were some common questions from a rich teenager. However, that was my own imagination.

In reality, they were actually after Blake, not me. Shesh... I'm really annoyed. I rolled my eyes and went to my seat.

Why were they after Blake? He was just nothing but a bodyguard of mine. Even so, he had his charming looks; I wouldn't fall for him like the other girls. Then he caught me that I stared at him. I shook my head, went to my seat which near the window. I sat down and watched outside. I thought myself, why did I stare at him?

Not long ago, while I was having fun with my own world, I jerked when Blake whispered my name.

"My lady, your teacher was calling your name but you didn't respond," said Blake.

"What?"I immediately stood up and looked at my teacher.

The teacher gave me a death glare and pointed at me, "Next time, don't you ever daydream during my lesson, Ms. Heather. After the end of the lesson, you can do whatever you want to. Understand?"

"Y-Yes..." I looked away and heard someone giggling at me. I glimpsed at someone who giggled like a witch with a serious face. She turned her face in other direction.

"Good, sit down Ms. Heather. Now we are going to learn about differentiation," and the lesson started.

After my first period ended, I went to my locker then I turned around. Suddenly, I bumped into someone and I fell on the floor.

"Really? Can you watch where you're going? "I was annoyed.

"Well, well, well... You never changed uh?" with his arrogant tone.

"What do you mean by that? Like you know a lot about me" I clenched my teeth. This guy really made me angry.

"Heather, Heather... don't you remember me? I'm your boyfriend," he smirked. He let his hand help me, but I refused.

"What a liar," I rolled my eyes. I let Blake helped me to get up instead.

"Come on, I'm just kidding. But don't you really remember me? It's me, Matt, who always bully you and made you cry like a baby," he grinned.

"Matt? Oh yeah, now I remember. But I don't remember that I cried like a baby" I punched his shoulder.

"Ouch... How come your punch is stronger than before? Damn, it hurts. I think my shoulder is broken right now," he said sarcastically. Blake was chuckled at Matt's stupid joke. I glanced at Blake, and I said What? Then Blake stopped, and return back to his serious face.

"It was a joke okay? Anyway, where have you been after your mother died?" asked Matt.

"I lived with my uncle at Los Angeles because he missed me a lot so yeah; I had to pay him a visit." I smiled. But I didn't tell him that my father was the one who sends me there.

"Oh okay, so don't you miss me?" he gave me his sad eyes like a cute, little puppy. But that doesn't work on me.

"No, not a little bit," I grinned at him. He looked sad when I laughed because of his reaction. "Just kidding, of course, I miss you", I added.

"Yeay!" he screamed cheerfully, and it echoed through the hallway. Turned out, it attracted people's attention and they all stared at us.

"Shush! Why did you have to scream so loud like a girl? "I covered my face with my textbook and I could feel my cheek burning. Stupid Matt.

He giggled and brushed his blonde hair with his hand. "Sorry about that, so... can we hang out in the cafeteria during break time?"

"Sure, why not?" Then I heard the second bell rang. We separated away to go to our class. I waved him goodbye and he waved me back. I was really surprised; He became so handsome but his attitude never changed since we were little.

He always liked to bully me. I didn't have a chance to fight back. I wasn't a coward. It was just a stupid promise that we made when I saved him once from the crazy dog.

He was being chased by it because he accidentally took a puppy away from the mother. He thought the puppy was lost, so he decided to bring it to his home. Then he heard growled. He started to run without looking his back. He rushed to me when I was cycling on the street. He asked me for help while holding the puppy in his hand. I took the puppy and put it down slowly before the mother tried to attack us. After the mother walked away, I glanced at him, he was shaking also crying. I wiped his tear with my handkerchief. Then he asked me to promise, not to tell anyone that he was being chased by the dog also see him crying like a baby. In one condition, he wanted me to let him do anything to me.

That was why he 'used' me by bullied me; to make him looks tough in front of everyone. Well, friends should lend their help and kept a secret with each other, right? So I did, in order to keep our friendship never ended.