CHAPTER 28: FATHER'S SECRET REVEALED

*Heather's POV*

I began slowly regaining my conscious, but my head felt dizzy. Something wrapped my body very tightly and I didn't have enough energy to struggle. I looked around at my surrounding; the room was very dark at every corner, there was an only light bulb, hanging above me. Yet, the light bulb didn't help me at all, it was very dim, making so hard for me to see. Suddenly, I heard someone closed the door on my ride side. The figure slowly approaching where I was tied up.

It was a guy; bald-side grey hair, plump body like not really that fatty, but I would call him fatty guy. He wore nicely but weird Aqua colored suit, with a gold necklace instead of a tie, and had a gold ring on his fourth finger (next to pinky finger). He was smoking with an expensive cigar, by looking at the brand.

"Hello, my dear~ my name is Freedo. How are you today?" said the fatty guy with disgusting tone. He gently caressed my left cheek and I just swayed my head away from his dirty hand. "Never thought, a beautiful Edgar's daughter is so feisty but you know what? I liked it" he smirked. How I really wish, I want to erase that filthy smirk! Wait...did he said my father's name?

"How did you know my father?!" I demanded while tried my best to lose up the rope without he knowing it.

He took the metal chair at the left corner and placed it in front of me. Probably, he was tired of standing because I could see that he having a problem with his breathing. So he took his time, enjoying his cigar with nasty looks.

"Your father and I were a  business partner. I gave a suggestion that we should build our empire and take all over the world but your father didn't agree with my idea. Your father was so very kind and very nice- I thought he could help me, to fulfill our dream, well it's my dream actually," he chuckled, "I tried many times to convince him but he always rejects the ideas. It leads me no choice. I knew he loved his daughter so much after he lost his dearest wife. So I gave him a threating message that I would kill you. One of my men reported that he sent you away while he went to other places, trying to confuse me."

'So that's why my father sends me away,' I thought. My head looked down abruptly, and a tear dropped on my skirt, without notice. I was so lost in my thought. All this time, I believed that my father didn't love me anymore because I was the one who causes my mother's death even though I wasn't.

He lay back in the chair and smoked his cigar before asked me, "Would like to call your father? I know you missed him so much. Just look at you, crying for him. Maybe we should call him, shall we?" He called out for his man from here. Then the man finally showed up; he had a long scar across his face and wore a black trench coat. Freedo told him, to dial Edgar's number. He used loudspeaker so I could hear my father's voice.

"Hello?"

"Hello, my dearest friend. How are you?" Freedo responded and smiled at me.

"Didn't I told you that I will never agree with the stupid idea of your?"

"Now, now, now, calm down my friend. First, don't you want to hear your dearest daughter?" Freedo signaled the guy. That guy walked to me, and pulled my hair so hard, making me scream in pain.

"Heather?! Freedo! Don't you ever dare to hurt her!"

"Well, sorry. I have to play with her little bit. If you want your daughter alive, you have to bring your secret document as soon as possible. Because I don't like to wait longer or you wouldn't like to see your daughter dying, right?" Freedo nodded to the guy, and he punched right in my stomach causes me to cough out a red warm blood from my mouth.

"Fine! Just please don't hurt her! I will be there around at 8.00 p.m!"

"Perfect. Then see you soon, my friend," Freedo just hanged up and laughed afterward. He happily said that soon he would be the richest guy in the whole world.