CHAPTER 12: ACCIDENT

*Heather's POV*

I ate my favorite cereal in the kitchen and I tried to take a peek at Blake. He was still there, standing at the frame door. Then the memories from yesterday flashed back. I shook my head. Seriously, I couldn't forget what just happen about yesterday and I really had a problem with my sleeping last night. So that's why my eyes got swollen like a panda.  I let out a long sighed after I looked my eyes at the reflection of a stainless spoon.

By the time we arrived at school, I had to hurry to my class before I met that Matt jerk. Unfortunately, I spoke too soon.

"Hey, Heather! Wow, is that a new makeup on your face?" he grinned.

"Very funny, Matt." I rolled my eyes and I groaned, "Geez, I don't have a mood to meet you."

"Ahhh...I see the screw-up fairy has visited us again." He said sarcastically.

I just ignored him and went to my chemistry lab before the bell rang.  Shesh... Thanks to him, for made my mood, became worse than before.

"My lady, you seem to look like you are not in a good mood", said Blake with concerned.

'How did he know that I'm not in a good mood? Am I really that obvious?' I thought with surprised.

"Are you reading my mind?" I said, raised my left eyebrow.

"No, my lady", he answered immediately. "You seem to look in depressed since we left."

I looked away and kept quiet because I didn't want to continue the conversation with this stupid moody.

"I'm sorry, my lady. I shouldn't ask you at the time like this. Please excuse me. I need a restroom for a moment," he left the lab without further ado.

Then we started our practical to experiment the gaseous. I didn't stay focused, because I felt a bit drowsy.  Without realizing, I accidentally added more substance into the product. It created big foam and gave a stench of rotting egg. Everyone was panicked included me. They rushed out from the lab. I was about to run but then I tripped myself and got sprained on my ankle.  I cried in pain. I tried to get up but I couldn't. Damn, it was really hurt, I thought my ankle was broken, but it wasn't. The foam expanded further and turned into a big black smoke.  I coughed a lot because the smell became worse.  Then I saw a figure ran towards me before I blacked out.

*Blake's POV*

I heard someone screamed after I got out from the restroom. I ran back to the lab as quickly as possible. I searched for wavy brown hair but there was no sign of her. Then I entered the lab and I saw her, lying on the ground. I quickly rushed to her and took her out. After we arrived at the infirmary, I laid her down on the bed.  I examined her from head to toe to make sure if she got hurt.

"Oh no..." I gasped. I saw her ankle turned purple. It was really bad.

I took out ice cubes from the small fridge.  I wrapped it in a towel and put it on her swelling ankle. I sat beside her.  I looked at her and caress her cheek.

"My lady, please forgive me because I made you like this. I'm sorry", I frowned.  I kept blaming myself and I couldn't accept that it was only an accident. I held her hand, waiting for her to wake up from her unconscious.  Then I heard a soft voice.

"Urgh... Where am I?" she mumbled after she regained her conscious.