CHAPTER 14: CHOCOLATE LAVA CAKE

*Heather's POV*

Louis called my principal this morning. He informed her that I needed a rest for three days until my ankle healed. So yeah I didn't have to go to school, but I had a business to do something. I took a recipe book from the upper shelf in the kitchen. I went through all the pages, and then something caught my attention.

"I think I can bake this easily," I said cheerfully.

I tied my hair into a ponytail, fold my long blue sleeves, and wore a cute Hello Kitty apron. I took out all the ingredients that I needed to bake and put them on the wooden table. I washed all utensils before I used. It should be clean because if you didn't clean it, your bake would taste bad and it is unhealthy for you to eat. Trust me, I did it before. When I made a pavlova cake for my uncle's birthday, I didn't wash the spoon after it fell to the dirty floor... so my uncle got stomachache because of that. So now, I wouldn't do it again.

 Before I started to bake, I heated the oven and put two ramekins which already covered with butter inside of it. Then I melted the butter and chocolate on the shiny silver stove. I stirred it after I added 1 cup of confectioners' sugar without realizing that my hand accidentally touched the hot metal bowl.

"Ouch!" I shrieked.

Soon after that, Blake rushed to the kitchen. He held my burned hand.

"Does your hand feel hurt, my lady? Let me take first aid box", he left the room immediately to get the box from other room.

I didn't have time to wait for him. I was afraid the melted chocolate would get burn. So I decided to continue my baking, I had to endure this pain. When I was about to whisk after added all the left ingredients, Blake held my arm.

"My lady, you shouldn't have to do it in with this condition," he slid down to my hand. He applied burn ointment on my hand gently.

"But I have to because I already made a promise that I would let you taste my baking", I refused.

"Then let me help you, my lady", he said with a sweet smile.

"No, you don't have to-"

But it was too late. He already wore his black apron without his suit and he put away his black glove after he scanned the recipe for about two minutes! How could he do that? For me, I had to take 6 minutes to understand it! Well, maybe I was just a beginner baker and he knew what he was going to do next. After he put the batter into ramekins and put into an oven, he washed his hands.

"Blake"

"Yes, my lady?" he replied while he washed the utensils.

"Did you know how to bake?"

"Yes, my lady. Why? Is it wrong for me to bake something?" with his sad tone.

"N-no. That's not what I meant to", I looked away, bit my lower lip. "I just want to know if you can bake other than saving me or protecting me" I added.

He giggled, "Well my lady, baking is one of my hobbies."

"One of your hobbies?" I was bewildered.

"Yes, my lady. I have a lot of hobbies to spend my free time." He smirked at me.

'Please don't tell me that he watching me sleeping was one of his hobbies too!'

My body become froze as I thought about that.

He laughed when he saw my reaction. "No, no, no, my lady. Watching you were sleeping is not the part of my hobby," he denied.

I sighed with relief. After twelve minutes, the chocolate lava cakes were already baked. Blake placed the ramekins on each plate and he lifted it carefully.  The shape of cakes was perfect.  The colors were also perfect.  He took two spoons, one for me and one for him. I cut at the edge of the cake, then chocolate flowing out from the soft cake-like lava. Succeed even though it wasn't me at the end.

"I'm sorry Blake, it was supposed to be me", I mumbled.

"It is okay, my lady. I only helped you to bake", he tried to cheer me up. "Let's eat, my lady before it cold."

I nodded, and we ate together at the same time. Both of us widen our eyes.  We were amazed how delicious it was.

"Wow, this is so delicious!" I could taste the sweet chocolate in my mouth. The combination of soft spongy cake and melted sweet chocolate made the taste beyond delicious.

"Yes it is, my lady," he agreed with smile ear-to-ear.

After we finished, Blake served me a cup of tea, we were at a big beautiful garden in the afternoon.

"Thank you, Blake," I took a sip. The view of lovely variety flowers made me felt relax.

"You're welcome, my lady," he bowed. "Today weather is nice, isn't it my lady? The flowers were well bloomed. They turned into pretty for some reason."

"And what is the reason, Blake?" I asked.

"Their beauties are not for themselves. It is for us to show their appreciation. As long as we take care them, they will turn into beautiful flowers that we have never seen before, which give us more hope in the future," he touched and examined the red scarlet rose.

I was flattered by what he said was true.  I walked slowly and stood beside him. I looked at him, smiled after he noticed me, and he smiled me back. We were having fun at that time. We walked together at the garden, talked about flowers and another related topic until late afternoon.