Chapter 25 : Celadon gym part-2

3rd POV

"So why a 3 on 3 battle. Can't we battle using more pokemon " Kenta asked wanting to know why Erika is using less pokemon.

Well, It's not an issue she is using less pokemon when compared to anime. But Kenta wanted to know why she did. Kenta always wanted to gather information and he will deal with it accordingly. There is no such thing as useless information to him unless the information is illogical or irrational.

"The amount of pokemon I use for a gym battle is totally random. "Erika sighed.

She is clearly too tired from working and isn't in any mood for answering any questions. But Kenta intrigued Erika. So she pushes herself and pays at most attention in her current battle and she is finding any proof to prove her theory that Kenta is indeed the mysterious man who defeated the team rocket grunts.

Kenta sighed.

"Okay let's continue to our battle "Kenta exclaimed

"I am ready, "Kenta told the referee

"I am ready," Erika told the referee

"Go Tangela " Erika sent out a Pokeball revealing a Tangela

"Go Pidgeotto," Kenta said throwing out a Pokeball and the Pokeball opens up revealing a strong pidgeotto who is nicely groomed and tough.

The pidgeotto is giving a strong queen vibe. Which attracted Erika's eye and she is impressed by how regal-looking the pidgeotto is

"How wonderful, your pidgeotto has the same grace as you. You have nicely groomed it. "Erika said

"[I don't care. Just fight. I wanted to relieve some frustration by sitting in the same place every day. ]"Pidgeotto replied in disdain overstaying the Pokeball for too long

A/N: I think we can experience the same pain pidgeotto . Due to work from home conditions for over a year. And it's frustrating.

"[ERIKA YOU ARE MY TRAINER. And why is that bird is l-looking at me like I am sort of bug ]" Tangela said confused about what's happening here.

"[Racist]"Beedrill replied offended by the statement from Tangela

Kenta sent someone pokemon like Mankey to professor oak , while he got Beedrill Out just in case this battle doesn't go as he planned. So he planned to delay the battle by using beedrill as Beedrill has bug-poison advantage over grass types. And sleep powder is underrated and useful even if stun and poison powders don't work.

He let Beedrill out for a bit so it can experience some battle moves and so Beedrill can adjust himself for a quick stall if Beedrill can't fight for so long.

Even if Beedrill is not useful for battles. It can still be useful in battles for its stalling and status moves like powders and spores and staus moves are op the more the time goes on.

In a pokemon battle, you have to be prepared for every outcome that can occur. And cover your weakness. There is no such thing as weak pokemon, Even pokemon has its own role if it's trained well.

Sometimes even sledging and mind games are necessary for pokemon battles

"Thank you but can we please focus on the battle, "Kenta told her wanting to avoid her diversion tactic

"If only we can allow boys in this gym. You can easily stay inside our gym. Doesn't staying in the gym with full of girls excite you "Erika said with a playful smile on her face.

Kenta knows what she is doing. So he gathered his focus on the battle and said.

"No I would rather not stay with some feminists,"Kenta replied using Erika's own tactics against her.