Chapter-31 :Preparing for the wild

3rd POV

Kenta is practicing in the wild after a good night's sleep. Erika is still sleeping it looks like she has not slept in the night comfortably.

Kenta as usual is training his pokemon for the upcoming challenges. His pokemon were training to overcome their weaknesses.

Suddenly pidgeotto stopped the training program and asked Kenta the important question which is bugging her ever since the last gym battle?

"[Master, why did you pick such a weak woman as a companion when you could pick a much more capable woman] " Pidgeotto asked him the question that is bugging her mind.

Kenta replied to her question with "It's very simple pidgeotto, Erika possesses some skills which might be useful for us in our journey. Her ability as a pokemon nurturer, botanist, and as an assistant, it is much more valuable than they seem to be " Kenta explained to pidgeotto.

Pidgeotto returned back to her training.

" Everyone, try to cover up all of your weak spots. "

"Pidgeotto you have to improve your resilience, you still need to drop your ego and focus on how to live in the present situation. Charmeleon focus on your speed, Pikachu focus on your defenses, so that you could avoid being a glass cannon, and Mankey focus on your accuracy, hitting is important that power when you battle against the pokemon that are faster than you. Dragonair, you should learn from the pokemon, you need much more experience in battles. You should learn to be more calm and patient, and don't be so impatient. And finally Seadra you are still hesitating to attack. You should be more aggressive and pump up the killer instinct within you " Kenta told each of his pokemon the flaws they possess.

It's true that they have done their mistakes in their previous battles. But the trainers they battled earlier are inexperienced so they got away with their mistakes.

But that is not the case with the upcoming trainers who are experienced and have well-trained pokemon themselves. They might not be merciful as previous trainers when it comes to battles.

So, they have trained hard and well including Kenta focusing on his aura skill until the break time.

They had stopped the training session and went inside the pokemon center to re-energize themselves for the breakfast. They are preparing to leave today.

Kenta found Erika wandering inside the Pokemon center looking for someone. Erika made eye contact with Kenta and suddenly Erika's worries have been left. She is relieved to see him

"Where you have been? I have been looking for you since morning " Erika told Kenta. It seemed she is worried that Kenta might have left her.

"I don't break the promises I make. And if I may not be able to fulfill the promise I never make them. I am confident and well-decided when I have decided to allow you to travel with me " Kenta told Erika.

"Right. I have missed your confident and smug attitude. Let's go. I have prepared the equipment you have mentioned last night. And I have decided to full fill your demands. " Erika told Kenta

"But don't misunderstand. I am doing this because I have the utmost respect for you. I don't have any ulterior motives " Erika told Kenta.

They have finished their breakfast at the pokemon center for a while and they are prepared to depart for their journey.

"I felt homesick last night. But I have decided to not turn away from my fears anymore. I can't be the pampered princess anymore. So I have decided to face the struggles which help me to grow " Erika declared her vow to Kenta. She said all of that with a genuine attempt of commitment.