Chapter-41:Cinnabar Gym part-2

3rd POV

The battle between Primeape and Rhydon continued

"Rhydon use takedown " Blaine commanded Rhydon.

Rhydon begins to charge at Primeape.

"Primeape use karate chop " Kenta commanded Primeape.

Primeape's karate chop hits the charging Rhydon and it rebounds back from the blow. The attack hit very hard.

"This battle will last a few minutes if you don't take us seriously Blaine " Kenta smugly says knowing that he is at an advantage.

"[The bravest one is a one who is confident when he is on the losing and they knows that they are losing] " Pidgeotto said.

"[Isn't that technically a shounen mc in the manga] " Pikachu replied.

"Rhydon use horn drill " Blaine said.

"Now that's what I am waiting for. Primeape jump " Kenta commanded him.

Primeape jumped and it flew above Rhydon making it miss its target which is near lava. Kenta waited for this moment. Kenta knows that moment Blaine used a non-fire type pokemon he could have a sumo match with his Primeape.

Kenta understood the advantages and disadvantages of the field to his heart and he too uses it up to his advantage.

"Primeape use Seismic toss to throw Rhydon in the lava " Kenta commanded him.

"Tch" Blaine blamed his own bad luck.

Primeape tossed Rhydon in the lava and his Rhydon didn't last long in the lava.

"What have you done? It could have been killed. " Erika scolded Kenta

"He is the one who has chosen Rhydon knowing that it is a fire-type terrain. It's more Blaine's incompetence. That's the truth " Kenta said.

"But still....You shouldn't have thrown it in the lava.....What if Rhydon dies " Erika told the main reason she is upset. She is terrified that a pokemon might have died due to a battle. Even being a gym leader she refused to see pokemon get treated harshly. A trait in Kenta that she despises a lot.

"So, you are saying that I should miss an opportunity just because it seems brutal to you? That sounds like you are not my well-wisher at all. Do you even care about my success? Do you Erika? " Kenta said.

"Yes...But not this way. You know you could have won without throwing Rhydon in the lava. So why did you do it? " Erika asked him.

"Because I don't underestimate Blaine. I don't want to miss any opportunity to win against him, so I don't want to give him any openings to attack " Kenta says

"Have anything else to argue Erika? " Kenta asks.

"Nothing.....I can't believe you. " Erika said.

"Right. Shut up unless you have anything useful to say " Kenta said.

Kenta POV

Erika.....

I might not admit it. But arguing with you is definitely a stress relief for me. I actually like the way we have distinct views. I admire how you stand up to object to my decisions, even knowing you can't win against me.

I might seem like an arrogant individual. But deep inside I am afraid that I might mess it up. I am afraid that I might be seen as a worthless weak person. So I have to stay strong so that I can accomplish what I wanted to.

I wanted to know who I am and what my origin is. Until then I have to train to be strong and have various options to choose from. My journey might not might be a walk in the park, but I am prepared for everything, Including my own death if it's necessary.

I can kill and be prepared to be killed.

3rd POV

"Rhydon can't battle anymore. Primeape has won this round " The referee announced.

"You had me to the edge....But I don't have any intention to give up " Blaine said.

"Go Magmar " Blaine announced his next pokemon.

"Go Seadra " Kenta called out to Seadra.

They have both moved into their position.

"Magmar Fire blast " Blaine commanded.

"Seadra hydro pump " Kenta commanded.

The attack got exchanged and a power struggle has created with both resulting in a tie, causing a huge explosion causing Erika to be sent flying away. The pokemon stood on the ground.

"Aaah " Erika got knocked back a little.

"Good improvement. This time you didn't scream like a typical high school girl " Kenta commented.

"And you are rude as always," Erika said deadpanning at him.

"Seadra use a smoke screen to reduce visibility " Kenta commanded him.

"Magmar use Flamethrower," Blaine said.

Magar attempted to use a flamethrower but the smoke caused an explosion which sent Magmar flying back.

"I forgot to mention the smoke screen is combustible, with nitric acid in the smoke. Which is also a type of poison secreted from Seadra." Kenta said.

"You did your homework very well...I see " Blaine commented.

"Seadra use Agility and Focus energy " Kenta said.

"Magmar use smoke screen and flamethrower " Blaine attempted to use Kenta's trick back to him.

"Seadra clear that smoke with a twister " Kenta commanded Seadra.

Due to Agility seadra used the move fast and cleared all smoke fast enough. Seadra Evaded the flamethrower with ease and grace.

Kenta smiled knowing the next move is his trump card against low-health Magmar.

"Seadra now use Brine and finish it " Kenta commanded it.

Seadra used Brine quickly not giving Magmar any time to dodge resulting in critically hitting Magmar with Brine. Due to Magmar's health being lower than half. It did double damage as a result Magmar has finally fallen.

"Magmar can't continue the battle. The winner of this round is Seadra. And the winner of this match is Kenta Kiyoshi " The Referee announced.

" 'Fortune favors the brave'.....I understood why it is " Kenta said.

Despite having a flawless battle. Kenta knew that he has to fight much stronger opponents from now on. So he is not very excited about his victory. The only satisfaction for him is that he earned the Volcano Badge.

"You have earned the right to hold this badge. This is the Volcano badge. Wear it with pride...Young man " Blaine said handing him a badge.

Kenta picked up the Volcano badge and put it inside the badge case. He made no reaction and started to leave the gym to head toward Saffron city.

"No victory celebration...What's with the gloomy face " Erika tried to gather his attention.

"We are going to Saffron city " Kenta made up his mind.

Kenta picked up a Yacht and has made his plan. First, he will arrive at Vermillion city and make his way towards the Saffron city.

Kenta POV

I feel like....I will meet some old rivals. Ash is at Vermillion city I can sense him. But strangely I don't feel much excitement in battling him. Surge isn't at Vermillion gym for a rematch.

Misty and Brock is there with Ash. It will be interesting to take all of them. That's a wonderful idea indeed.