Fire

It was a normal day like any other. I got up from my bed, fed Taffy, and then stroded downstairs to dinner. I felt a feeling of unawareness or lonlieness. I didn't really know why I wanted to explore more of Colombia, I just did.

"Xye! Zeek is sick!" Mysa said franticly as she popped out from the floor infront of me. Mysa had the gift of teleportation. I jumped, i easily get scared. I nodded my head and Mysa took her sister, me, by the hand and teleported to Zeek's room. Zeek was a very old man. Ever since his wife died by the invaders from the old town, they have been left at peace, the other town was close, but not so close, it was on the other side of the lake. Colombia looked beautiful today, a little too peaceful, I was sad that someone was sick, and badly sick. Zeek would probably loose his life due to this new sickness. Everyone was maintaining a distance of 8 feet away from the bed where he lay, dying. Quade, my abusive dad, was crying, there was nothing they could do. Not even Mira could help with her expert drinks.

"How long?" Quade asked Myra. Myra's eyes glowed blue, she could sence time and how long a lifespan would last.

"Not long. I would say goodbyes now..." Lillian, my 'nice' mom, grasped Quade's hand. One by one, everyone started to say there final goodbyes. A sort of weariness filled the room. I finally realized that my cousin, Ethan, was missing. It was my turn, alway last. Tears strode down my face and fell on the covers that bundled Zeek in so warmly. I firmlypressed my ear on the old man's chest. I soon realized that the symotanious rythem of his heart had stopped. I backed away, what else could I have done? My hands covered my face as I melted into my Ma. There would be a funeral tonight. Not even dinner food would be prepared.

After the funeral, I looked around for Ethan just to find that he was sitting in his messy room which smelled like dirty socks. I wrinkled her nose at the smell.

"Ethan. Where have you been!? You didn't even show up to say goodbye." Ethan was sitting in the corner of his room, baseball and basketball stuff were everywere. Dirty shirts folded effortlessly on his dresser. He was coupling his legs and rocking back and forth. Pitty for my half dissolved cousin flooded me and i went sat down beside him despite the smell.

"I-im sorry... I didn't want t-to mess anything up for him in his f-f-final moments..." Ethan said with a quivering voice. I put her arms around him.

"Ethan, he would've wanted to see you. He loved you, he loved all of us." I said, trying to be very comforting to him, hiding my pain and grief. Ethan's head was burning up and he was steaming tears.

"Its ok. Let's clean this room and get to sleep. Tomorrow will be fine..." I said. I knew I would be lying if I said it to myself. I would have collapsed on the floor with stress quicker than a spider can jump.

Next morning, after cleaning Ethan's room, we all had breakfast as a family with 1 less mouth to feed. My mom was sitting in Zeek's seat. The Encanto pulled up one less chair. That morning was deadly silent. I decided to take a walk in the village to realaxe. My chest felt heavier and heavier like something was telling me that death would once again flood over the broken home. I often had this feeling, but i just tried to ignored it, but this time it was diffrent.

After a not so relaxing walk, it was lunch. As I was walking, I slowed my pace. Fire! I thought as I saw smoke rising from the kitchen, it wasn't a smoke from a small fire, the whole Encanto was on fire! Panic filled me, everyone was watching it burn down. Tears fled me. I saw the Fountain which kept there Powers safe. My hands started glowing yellow, The Fountain hasn't been destroyed or evaporated yet! I thought exitedly. I ran into the home, making a field around me so no fire could harm me, this wasted a lot of energy, especially since I wasn't fed much. I made myself fly into the air with a glowing yellow trail behind me, in no time, i had reached the top. The Fountain was just barely dripping and swirling water from its core. The sound similar to Zeek's dying heart beat filled my ears. I was gliding down with the miracle when all of a sudden, my gift flickered and I was falling to the ground. I was now unconscious from the fall.