living

"Dinner!" Abuela called. Me and Camilo had been helping Julieta make the food. We sat down with our food and began to dig in. Ashley and Ethan were sitting together. Mysa and Dolores were sitting beside me and Camilo. Pepa and Felix beside Mariono who was beside Dolores, Antonio beside Cecilia who was beside Camilo, then Bruno and Julieta sat on the side of Abuela's place. Abuela made some announcement and all that. Camilo was eating his food quickly. When Abuela dismissed us, Camilo took me up to his room. We sat down on the bed and talked about Cecilia and Antonio. He kept glancing nervously at the draw to his nightstand.

"What's in there?" I asked him. He laughed nervously.

"What!? That! Oh, nothing! Just a bunch of embarrassing junk!" He gulped. I shrugged and decided not to open it, even though I was very tempted. We talked for about an hour when we heard gunshots. I jumped when the first BOOM of the gunshots shot. It was so loud. Camilo got up and looked serious. He told me to go into the stage room, so I did. There was a line of about 4 or 5 more gunshots and yelling. Then I heard Camilo's door swing open and then there at was another gunshot. The boom echoed in the stage room. The lights went dark and I backed away into a corner. The howling winds of one of Pepa's tornadoes entered the room and the howling of the wind and the sound of huge raindrops frightened me.

"YOU CAN'T HIDE HER!" I heard Quade shout. My heart sank.

"SHE'S BETTER OFF HERE! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR HER! NOTHING!" Camilo yelled at him.

"KID! IF YOU DON'T GIVE ME MY DAUGHTER, I WILL HURT YOU!" Quade yelled.

"GO on then. But mark my words, XYE WILL NEVER TRULY BE YOURS!" Camilo yelled.

"Your death wish!" Quade laughed. He sounded drunk. There was a gunshot and I saw Camilo's body fall onto his bed. My eyes became blurry. My heart pounded out of my chest. I had to cover my mouth to keep in my anger. I knew this was a stupid idea! I yelled to myself. I felt something grab my arm, I turned around, it was Mirabel. I could barely see her in the dark. I hugged her and cried. She had to remind me to stay quiet. I heard loud footsteps enter the stage room. Mirabel lead me backstage and told me to jump out a window that was in the back, so I did. Mysa was outside with all the animals, exept for Charm. I jumped down and Mysa caught me. She set me down and hugged me while I had an emotional breakdown.

"Its ok sis. It will be ok!" She tried to comfort me. Mira was behind her.

"Where is he? Who's hurt?" She asked me.

"Its t-the stage r-room... Cami-l-lo..." I shuttered. Tears streamed down my eyes. Mira nodded and went into the home.

"QUADES DEAD!" There was a loud scream and then a gunshot. Mysa teleported us onto the balcony. I ran into Camilo's room. I ran over to Camilo's motionless body. I gently laid my head on his shoulder and cried. Pepa had to pull me off of him so that Felix could put him on his bed. Julieta and Mira ran into the room with food and a drink. Before Julieta and Mira fed Camilo, they removed the bullet, it was hard to watch to Ethan hid my face with his hand and hugged me. When it was over, Ethan took his hands off my eyes and I saw Mira and Julieta feeding him. I crossed my fingures and hoped. Abuela walked in and said a silent prayer to her locket that was in her hand. She kissed it then put it away. Everyone watched Camilo in silence. Pepa got a rain cloud and she started crying and Felix was crying too, everyone was crying. Everyone started leaving the room, saying that there was no hope for Camilo. I refused to leave. Ethan kept pushing me closer and closer to the door.

"NO!" I kept yelling to him. I finally broke free and ran to the bed. I laid my head onto Camilo's lifeless chest and wept. My chest sank with lonliness and grief. Ethan left the room, left me, just me.

"I need y-you!" I said. Tears were streaming down my cheeks. I gripped his ruana and cursed at myself through gasps of air.

"Its a-all m-my fault!" I cried out. I finally got tired and covered me and Camilo with his blanket. I hugged Camilo and slept with my head on his shoulder.

When I entered the dream place, I first tried looking for Camilo. When I saw that he wasn't there, I made a show, replaying everything, everything that he had said to me. I collapsed and buried my head into my legs and cried my heart out.

"Heartbeat!" I heard a scream from no where. It sounded like dolores. I woke myself up.

"I CAN HEAR A HEARTBEAT! XYE WAKE UP!" She urged me to wake up. I opened my eyes.

"W-what?" I said tierdly.

"Listen to him!" She yelled at me. I sat up.

"Dolores. He's dead! It's m-my fa-" She stopped me.

"Just listen to him!" She said eagerly. I rolled my eyes and leaned over him to listen. A heartbeat! I exclaimed. I jerked up and hugged him. I heard whimpering and felt him twitching.

"He's dreaming." Dolores said. Dreaming! It came to me. I ran out the room and into mine and curled up in my moon shaped bed. Dolores stood beside me.

"Leave me! I know how to do this!" I urged her. She furrowed her eyebrows but shrugged and left. I turned over and went to sleep immediently.

"Camilo! Camilo! You th-" I started calling, I heard whimpering from behind me. I swirled around and gasped. I ran over to the crouch figure and hugged him tightly. He was rocking back and forth, whimpering and whining.

"Mi amor!" I shuttered under my breathe. He stopped whimpering and whining and rocking. I felt him readjust to where he was hugging me back.

"X-Xye!?" He exclaimed.

"Sí!" I started crying tears of joy. He pulled himself away and started at me.

"Cami.. how did... how are you?" I tried to ask him, but it came out as a mumble of random words.

"You." He answered with the biggest, happiest, most relieved smile I've ever seen on his delicately freckled face. I smiled back at him.

"You saved me." He continued.