New Room

As I was about to open the door, I felt as tho I was being watched.

"I was expecting you..." I looked over and saw Camilo leaning on the wall outside his room, looking at me with a smirk. I rolled my eyes and he stood up straight. I ran up to him and hugged him, my almost weightless body whipped around as he catches me and hugged me back. My eyes started to tear up.

"You can really land a blow." He said, teasing me. I giggled a little and started crying tears of joy. He pulled himself away and Abuela called dinner. For the first time in a long time, me and Camilo both showed up. Julieta looked pleased to see us sitting beside one another, chatting our lives away.

"That's Mariono!" Camilo said, looking at a man that was beside Dolores who was beside Isabella who was beside Pepa who was beside Julieta, who was beside Abuela Alma. Dolores put her hand on the table and Mariono took her hand and got out of his chair.

"Oh my gosh!" I explained. Camilo shot a mischievous look at me and smirked.

"Don't even ruin your sister's morning!" I whispered into his ear. He looked a little disapointed but he watched. Luisa smiled happily and went to grab the piano. Mrs. Guzmaun looked very happy as she was sitting beside Abuela and Mirabel.

"Dolores! The perfect Lily of the pond!" He began poetically. Isabella was smiling too.

"Wait... isn't Mariono Isa's ex boyfriend?" I asked Camilo. He nodded at me and we continued to watch.

"I can't believe how blinded I have been! You are beautiful and I want to spend my life with you!" He exclaimed. Mirabel leaned in, shoving an arepa into her mouth with wide eyes and a bifpg smile. Luisa finally got back with the piano and stood behind me and Camilo.

"Will... You... Marry.... Me!" He said, trying to be dramatic. Dolores covered her mouth and started to cry.

"Yes!" She said exited. Mariono sat up and they hugged each other, then Mariono pushed her away and kissed her.

"Ew!" Antonio said from beside me. Camilo frowned then started eating. Isabella was very happy. Pepa had a raincloud along with a rainbow and Felix was holding an umbrella above her head. Augustin and Julieta were hugging Pepa and eachother. Bruno was smiling.

"Ugh. I hate it when Dolores kisses him..." Camilo said, like he had seen a thousand of those. Mariono and Dolores stopped kissing. Abuela sat up and Augustin akwardly rushed over to the piano and started playing it.

"Today is a great day! Today is a perfect day!" Abuela announced. Dolores and Mariono sat down while looking at eachother.

"Love birds... it disgusts me so much!" He said, he even looked discussed. He looked at me then at Dolores, then at me again.

"I mean! It's not that bad.. just with Dol." He rushed. I looked at him with my head slightly tilted and he started blushing a little then turned back towards Abuela, I did too.

"Do we, have a confirmed date?" Mariono and Dolores exchanged glances with Mariono's mom then with eachother, then all three looked at Abuela, Dolores and Mariono hand in hand.

"As soon as posible!" Dolores and Mariono said at the same time. Isabella now rolled her eyes and looked at me. She mouthed to me, 'Can you believe that that's my ex!?' I laughed lightly and mouthed back, 'at least your not Dolores!' I teased, we both laughed and Abuela silenced us.

"Next week we will arrange the wedding!" She said. Pepa gasped and Felix froze.

"Look at it! Mi vida is all grown up!" She explained while hugging Dolores and petting her hair which stood high.

"Mamí!" Dolores said. Pepa must have had been squeezing and she started to rain a little. Then Felix pulled her away from their daughter. Camilo looked at me, then at my hand, then at the my eyes, then I turned around to face him but he quickly turned back and started playing with his food.

"I see you have a new.. family member?" Mirabel shot out the water she was drinking and Isabella laughed.

"Your so-" Mirabel interrupted Isabella before she could stay 'stupid.' I laughed and Camilo laughed louder.

"I wish!" Antonio's tiny voice giggled. I looked at him and wrestled with his hair then faced Mariono.

"I am not their familia. My name is Xye. Nice to meet you Mr. Mariono." I said, trying not to burst out my laughter.

"Oh. I'm so sorry. Erm.. I dont think I've seen you here... where's your familia and what's you last name?" He asked. Everyone stopped laughing and Xye looked down while half the Madrigals stared at Mariono and the other half at Abuela.

"Mi amor Mariono..." Dolores whispered a long story to him and he looked very embarressed.

"I'm so sorry Xye. I'm bad at first impressions..." He tried to joke. Camilo put his hand on my shoulder and I turned my head towards him.

"Its fine." I said. He removed his hand from my shoulder and we all continued eating.

After dinner, Dolores and Mariono went off on a date, Pepa, Felix, and Mariono's mom where talking about the wedding, Mirabel, Luisa, and Isabella went up to Isabella's room to chat, Antonio was playing with the animals, Camilo was learning to cook with Julieta again, and who knows where Augustin and Bruno are.

"Xye." Abuela asked. She scared me a little, but not as much to make the shards appear.

"Sí senorita Abuela Alma?" I said.

"Just call me Abuela." I nodded my head.

"Would you like to ask casita for your room? I thought you might wanted to." She asked me. I nodded my head respectfully and Casita playfully prodded me upstairs.

"Pick a spot." Abuela said. I looked around at all the free space, which there was very little of. Casita moved Dolore's door over and made room for another door.

"I think casita chooses that." I laughed. Abuela giggled and we went over there. Casita had already made an empty door and the flood tiles were rattling and gently pushing at my heals. I giggled and Abuela signaled me to open the door. Once I touched the door, it glowed and it turned into my old door, but there was something diffrent about it, i couldnt quite tell what it was... it looked similar but there was a lot of animals at the bottom.. must be new decorations. I shrugged the hidden thought of pride and opened my room. When I went in, there was four corners, summer, spring, winter, and fall themed. In the center was a flouting moon shaped bed and stairs leading up to it.

"Whoa... this isn't what my room used to look like..." Abuela looked at me with a confused face but still kept smiling.

"Welcome to the Casa Madrigal!" She explained and then hugged me.