hurting

Dolores was beside Camilo and Pepa. She was tapping her fingures on the table nervously. I acted like nothing was happening. Abuela made a couple announcements.

"I spoke to Mariano about coming for dinner. Dolores, is it a yes?" Abuela was standing beside Dolores who had her ear tilted and blush across her face. I haven't been introduced to Mariano yet, but im assuming Dolores likes him.

"Yes." Dolores said. She immediently went back to eating. Abuela nodded and went to her seat again. She looked at me and then over at Camilo then to Pepa. Pepa shook her hands a little at Abuela and she nodded respectfully. I was confused as heck and Camilo looked at me, we were both confused as heck.

Half way through dinner, I saw Dolores whisper something to Pepa and Pepa had a rainbow and some rain clouds come on then off. Abuela looked over at them.

"Um. Dolores, t-that avocado please." She looked a little confused but then acting like everything was fine. Pepa leaned over to tell Felix who choked on his water and stared at me. I must have been looking very confused because he redirected is attention to his food. I shrugged to myself and continued eating, but it only got worse. Felix told Luisa, Luisa told Julieta, Julieta told Bruno. Thankfully it stopped at Bruno. I still didn't understand what the secret was. Dolores was still looking nervous, like she was going to burst her secret. I assume it had something to do with... Wait a minute... it does have something to do with me!

"Dolores. Are you ok? You are hiding a secret and you know it doesn't help. Bruno was drinking the water then spit it out when Abuela said that. Dolores squeaked and everyone looked at her, even my familia. Bruno and I were the only ones who were shaking our heads and hands at her. Dolores gulped, shot a mischievous grin at me then Bruno, and began.

"CAMILO AND XYE WENT ON A DAAATTEEE!!!!" Dolores finally burst outloud. I choked on my food and ran away from the table and up onto the rooftop. Before I completely left, I saw Camilo sitting in his chair with his hands covering his face, and his face drooping down. Everyone was staring at me and Camilo. I made my cloud and flew up. My hands were already glowing yellow, thankfully I left before anyone got hurt. I sat down on the roof and cradled myself in my own arms. I put my head between my legs and my arms and started crying. Why am I like this..? Who am I if no one shows me or tells me who I am personally. How do people find themselves with their selves? I was shaking a little. I felt a tear go down my cheek and fall onto my dress. Casita moved some floor tiles but I ignored it.

"Xye?" I heard someone from behind me. I lifted my head, turned it slightly, and turned back when I saw Camilo. He must be wandering why im acting like this. We were just there, in silence, peacfully thinking, when Camilo put his hand on my shoulder.

"Why are you crying?" He asked. He voice was gentle and soothing.

"I- Who am I if no one... teaches... if no one knows who I am... how do I find my true identity if I don't even know where to start looking..." Camilo was sitting beside me now. I put my head back into my cubby whole and cried some more. I heard Camilo sigh and start humming something. He isn't bad either. I soon realized that it was what Juliet sang to Romio to calm him down. I looked up and started sing the words lightly, facing the opposite direction of Camilo. I felt his arm go around me back and he pulled me towards him. I readjusted and he kept humming. Soon, I felt a little less stressed.

"I have had a lot of stress lately Camilo.." I told him. I wasn't sure he would even care.

"Me too..." He said. I leaned my head onto his shoulder and he put his chin on my head. We sat there cuddling for a moment then I got up.

"Well.. we uh- have some kids to babysit..." Camilo got up as well and nodded. We headed out to the town square without another word. Once we got there, the kids begged and begged to go to Camilo's room. He nodded at me and I made the cloud and we all went to his room. He was acting out a zombie outbreak. He asked me to make some other zombies and help him out. He swung fake knifes and swords at them and I had to make them disapear. He is so playful. Once, he jumped in the air, did a air summer salt and swiped his swords everywhere, he 'killed' 4 zombies. The kids were screaming and staring in awe. I giggled and continued helping. I decided to test Camilo and give him a jump scare.

"AH WHAT THE HECK!" He yelled as the zombie thing dissolved after it pretended to eat Camilo. I laughed and felt my hand get hot. I tried to hold it back as much as I could but then Camilo acted dead and almost got a concussion because he let himself fall down way too hard. Now the shards had formed. I looked at where the shards were pointing. They were pointed to a happy and unsuspecting little kid. My eyes widened with fear and before I could warn the boy, they shot like a missle.

"Watch out!" I yelled terrified. If this kid does today, im not only in big trouble, but I will be kicked out of this whole town. Camilo jumped from his stage, turned into George for better stamina and leaped infront of the shards. I gasped with terror when he turned into himself and hit the floor. The shards with everywhere. There was so much blood, the shards got him good. Not even Julieta's and Mira's cooking combined would heal this. You can't heal magic wounds from another magic person without waiting at least a day. The kids looked at him, terrified, then at me and screamed. They all tried to hug Camilo but I made them stay back with an orb barricade.

"C-Camilo!?" My voice was so shaky. How could I have done this!?

"JULIETA! MIRA!" I yelled. The Madrigals came bursting in with Mira and they all gasped with shock. My face was soaked in tears. Mira and Julieta wasted no time to get Camilo onto his bed. They told me and the girls to get out while Pepa and Felix unclothed Camilo to wrap his wounds. Luckily, it was just the upper body that got wounded so we all could go back in.

"No." Abuela stood infront of the door, blocking my way in. The last glimpse of Camilo was his helpless body lying on his bed with bandages wrapped everywhere.

"Your right. It's my fault. And it always will be my fault." I started crying again and Abuela glared at me furiously. I ran away to the village and then to the lake. I bundled myself up and put on my ruana. I was a crying mess. The sun's warmth was fading and Abuela called dinner. I didn't go to Dinner because I was unwelcome now. A small rustling noise came from the bushes. I lifted my head towards the little bush.

"H-hello?" I asked in a quivering voice. Two raccoon looking things came out from behind the bush with a plate of my favorite food. I smiled a little as they laid it down and scurried away.

"Thanks Antonio." The raccoons looked back at me, nodded, then ran away towards the casita. Now I was alone again, i silently ate my food, but then I felt something on my shoulder. I looked around, hoping to see Camilo, but instead, I got spooked when I saw a Chameleon looking at me. My hands started to glow a little but they stopped.

"Well hello. Where did you come from little fella?" I asked the little creature. It kept looking at me then hoped down slowly into my lap. I dont think it's Lillian.

"I'm going to name you Charm. So, any friends with your?" I said, stoking it's back. It looked at the bush and a fox leaped down and nuzzle me.

"Hey. I'll call you Cassa. Can you go and check on Camilo for me? I'm sure you know Antonio, ask him where he is and tell him I sent you, my name is Xye by the way." Cassa nodded and ran off. We sat there im silence for and bout half an hour when Cassa came charging in with a letter in her mouth. I opened it and read it, glad to read that Camilo was alright and he can write because his name was at the bottom.