betrothed

Trigger warning! Only for this chapter and the next. This chapter isn't nearly as bad as the next. Just a warning for sensitive people.

"His name is Julian. He's a sweet chico. Your lucky that you get him." She said with a giggle. She was acting like everything was fine. I pretended to be fine. We arrived at the lunch table. Abuela invited Mira to stay for dinner, but she declined.

"Me and Xye have to go after this. Her dad is expecting us." She said softly, smiling as she did. Camilo chocked on his water and Mirabel put her hand on his shoulder.

"What?" Abuela asked.

"Oh, sorry if I wasn't clear. Quade has cried for three days. He wants his daughter back. Not to mention that we have found a chico for her to marry. We have discussed the marriage and they will marry at age of 20. Quade thanks you all for taking care of Xye while he and Lillian calm down. We, they, are ready to take her back and be better parents." She smiled warmly while standing up. Isabella was clutching her fork, Dolores was looking at Camilo with pitty, and Pepa had a cloud that Felix was shooing away. I took a drink of my coffee and burnt my tongue. I gently set it down and figured with my fingures.

"Oh yes, I understand. It was out pleasure for taking her in for the time being. Camilo and Xye had become very close friends." She said. She tried to avoid using 'girlfriend and boyfriend.' Camilo stared to play with his food, elbow on the table, head resting on his hand, spoon spinning around in the soup. He sighed and Mirabel put her arm around him and talked to him. Mira sat back down and finished eating.

"Le Familia Madrigal!" Everyone but Isa, Antonio, Camilo, and Mirabel said. Mira said her final goodbyes to Abuela.

"Better go tell everyone bye. We have to go soon so hurry it up." She said. She stood at the door while I ran up to Isabella's room where everyone that I cared about was. I swung open the door and saw Camilo crying, Mirabel hugging him, Isa making yellow flowers for him, and Antonio patting him gently. I ran up to Camilo, but Mirabel stopped me.

"This is all your fault!" She yelled at me. I stepped back and started crying. Dolores walked in. I ran to her, hugged her, ran to Isa, hugged her, walked to Antonio hugged him.

"Take care Antonio... please, look after Taffy, Cassa, Jan, and make sure Camilo takes good care of Charm." I struggled to say. Antonio nodded with a frown on his face. I gave him one last squeeze. I tried to approach Mirabel, she stood up and blocked Camilo. I didn't care how she felt, I needed to tell her and Camilo bye, and sorry. I hugged her and she pushed me away.

"I'm sorry..." I tried to say. Dolores dragged Mirabel away from Camilo and told me to say goodbye while she had Mirabel under control. I nodded my thanks to her and fell to my knees and hugged Camilo.

"You have no idea how much I love you. You saved me time and time again. Send the letter to my familia... maybe they'll change their minds... Cami... i love you..." I cried and I felt somthing hug me back. I was now melting into Camilo, we were both crying.

"I love you too, mi amor. Just.. don't forget me, ever, promise me that?" He said, his voice was shaking. I nodded my head and then he kissed me on the lips. I closed my eyes and kissed him back. After a second or two, Mira called me. I got up and waved my final goodbyes. As I shut the door Pepa hugged me from behind and so did Bruno and Julieta.

"We'll miss you Xye." Julieta said.

"Your the only person that could keep Camilo under control." Pepa said, a raincloud was over her head, but we didn't mind getting wet.

"I'm sorry for acting so weird. I was just jealous of you and Camilo." Bruno said sobberly. I hugged the three triplets back.

"Xye! Time to go!" Mira called for the 5th time. I said goodbye and went downstairs to join her. Just as I was about to walk out of Casita, Cassa, Taffy, and Jan were all around me, stroking me and saying goodbye. Then the Casinta waved it's shutters at me as me and Mira walked away. Clouds were overhead, blocking the sun, and it started to rain. I thought about the letter. Mira grabbed my hand.

"Hey. What's that?" She said, looking at my braclet. I jerked my hand away from her.

"Camilo made it for me..." I said. She nodded and looked at me suspiciously.

"He didn't give it to you because... he likes you... did he?" She said.

"Uh.. um.. er.. nahh... we're just... friends..." I said. My heart sank as I remembered that heartwarming moment. We kept on walking in silence.

"We're home!" Mira shouted as we approached a huge house. The doors swung open and I saw Quade and Lillian walking down grand stairs, hand in hand. The shutters of this home waved greetings to me, and I waved back. Mysa appeared infront of me and Ethan came and hugged me.

"Ok, ok!" I said. Ethan put me down and Ivy was next to say hi. I hugged her, then Clare, then Myra, and then my mom. My dad was standing beside ma, arms opened wide for a hug. I backed away portion ally out of fear, but then mamá pushed me towards him and he grabbed me with his hands.

"Welcome home mija." He said. He let me go and I immediently ran to the safety of Ethan, my older cousin.

"Is that Xye?" I heard an unfamiliar voice approached them. A tall boy, about the size of Camilo, came up to us. His hair was dark drown and curved to one side, he had a beauty mark under his right eye and was wearing a yellow and white ruana along with black sweatpants. Quade nodded and we met eye contact. He came up to me and Ethan backed away, exposing me to this person.

"Hello Xye. I'm Julian." He grinned at me. I nodded, trying not to cry. He took my hand and he dragged me, against my will, to a random house in the new village. He opened the door.

"Mamí! My girlfriends here! Don't screw it you guys!" He shouted. My heart sank as he brought me up into a room. He through me onto a bed.

"This is my room bonita." He said. I fell onto the hard, and uncomfortable bed. He sat on top of my and kissed me. I pushed him away from me.

"Girl-" He started.

"Don't you dare say 'girl' to me! We literally just met!" I yelled. He covered my mouth.

"Listen, I'm being forced to do this. Besides, you do look awesome. I thought you would be someone else. I kinda like you..." He explained to me. Then he kissed me again. I didn't resist this time, I'm traumatized and I just want to go to sleep. He finally stopped and let me readjust to sleep. He laid down beside me, hand around me, while I drifted off to sleep. He woke me up 3 times because he snores.