demons

"20 dollars." Davin said. I kept my eyes closed and my ears open. This was my on chance to try to escape.

"I'll raise to 50." A strange voice responded. I twitched my figure on acident, but Davin must not have noticed.

"Sold." Davin said. A few moments later, I felt hands go around my waste and pick me up. I felt a shoulder jabbing at my gut as I was bouncing up and down at walking paste. I heard the door open and a breeze of fresh air swooped around me with the sound of the door closing, I opened my eyes. I looked around, not moving any body part. I was surrounded by trees and saw the wooden cabin, in which I had been, fading into the background. I looked at my dangling arm and my heart sank when I saw that my braclet was gone. The shirt of the one who was carrying me was grey and dark blue with a light gray dimand pattern. I closed my eyes when I felt the hands grab me and put me, gently, on the soft grass.

"Bonita?" I felt the hands start violently shaking me awake. I slowly opened my eyes and saw the face of my master. He was pale with black hair and a distinctive mole. I pretended to be scared and jerked away with a gasp. I tried to make a cloud, but the man caught my hands and stared me in the eyes. The man transformed into the familiar face of Camilo Madrigal. I was over filled with joy. Camilo let go of my hands and gave me my necklace and my braclet.

"Let's go home." He smiled. I nodded and made separate clouds appear underneath the two of us. We slowly started rising, but Camilo stopped me from going above the tree line.

"Davin could see us up there, we need to go a few minutes bellow the tree line, then we can pop up." He explained. It made more sense that way. We carefully, silently, and swiftly as we glided through the air, making sure to remain in view of eachother. A few minutes later, they both stopped and went above the trees to reveal a whole forest and, in the far off distance, the tip of Bruno's tower.

"Casita." I smiled. Camilo halted to a stop beside me and offered his arm. I took it and we flew like that back to the Casa Madrigal.

We dropped down the center of the house and landed on the tiles of the ornate floor.

"Xye! You've been gone for a whole day! Where were you?" Bruno said. He looked very worried. Camilo let go of my hand and Bruno put his hands on my shoulders.

"Slow down Bruno. I didn't know I was gone-" I tried to start.

"She got kidnapped." Dolores said.

"Ya'know, bidding 50 dollars on a defenceless senorita that is 1, taken, and 2, really strong on her magical abiliteies, is really low Camilo." Dolores rolled her eyes and pulled Bruno off me who was checking for scars.

"Wasn't bidding on her power. I was bidding on him dying." Camilo crossed his arms and smirked. I looked at him and furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"I could've!" He laughed. I shrugged in agreement and walked up the stairs and into my room. Cassa was on my bed and Taffy was waiting by the door with her kits that now were almost the same size of her. Jan was in the summer section, observing the sunlight that only grew in that section.

"Hola!" *insert kit's name* said. Taffy stoked my legs and Cassa was already at my side. I heard Dolores' kids yelling and fighting from another room. Then I heard Isa and Ivy start yelling back, trying to hush them. I rolled my eyes and strolled out and into Isa's room. Camilo was right behind me. I found it funny how we understood eachother. Camilo twirled and turned into a little version of Felix and started making jokes and funny faces for them while I distracted *the girl's name* with sparkling yellow orbs and fake glowing flowers. They giggled and stopped yelling. Ivy and Isabella sat down beside us and Camilo transformed back into himself.

"Kids! Daddy's home!" Mariano said with a firm voice. The kids laughed and ran into their dad's arms and into a warm embrace. Me and Camilo sighed in exhaustion while Isa and Ivy helped us up.

"We owe you two." Isa chuckled. Ivy shrugged without a smile, just a sigh of relief and tiredness.

"We'll do both of your chores for a week." They said. Camilo smiled big and held out his hand, transforming into Davin.

"Sold!" He laughed as he made a joke of Davin. He turned back into Camilo after Isa and Ivy finished shaking his hand.

After dinner, when everyone was asleep, I snuck out of my room and climbed onto the roof and leaned against the cold walls of the left tower on the casita. I was wearing my ruana and long yellow dress. I paced back and forth. You don't look good! You aren't worth anything! You deserve to be abused! You were a mistake! Quade and Lillian didn't mean to have you, therefore, you DON'T matter! The demons harassed me once again. I thought I had lost them, but they found me again. You can end this all now. Just walk off the casita. Then, not only would you not be a burden to anyone, no one would have to abuse you, you wouldn't be in pain, just follow me. I dark shadow held out a hand. The black mist swirled around, making a blurry picture of a human. I turned away and looked down, hands on my head, knees on the tiles of the roof, eyes wide open. Camilo is lying. One demon's thought struck my heart like a lightning bolt to a rod. My body dropped and crouched on the tiles. I started to yell without knowing it.

"Xye!?" Dolores shouted from the balcony. I lifted my head and looked at her, my eyes wet, hair tangled and dangling, while keeping close to the surface of the roofing. Ivy ran beside her from the left and gasped. She whispered something to Dolores and they both started running up onto the roof to help me. Help me! Ivy! Please! I can't talk! You see worthless. I don't need- HELP! Shut up you idiot! No one is gonna help you. Why? Cause they hate you. The demons talked over me as I tried to communicate to Ivy. I started hearing faded sounds and shouts of parts of my name.

What felt like seconds later, I woke up in Camilo's bed, looking up at a priest leaning over me. I felt hot and tingly stuff raising from my toes up to my head. I closed my eyes in pain and the spicy things washed over my face, I jerked up once the feeling was gone, gasping for air and looking down at the sheets to see it was wet, but the water evaporated instantly.

"W-what?" I tripped on my words.

"You were possessed by a few demons, don't worry, nothing Holy Water can't solve." The priest smiled as he held up the bucket then put it down. I looked around and things began to feel clearer.

"I thought we were done with demons." Mirabel said, looked at the doorway of the stage room.

"Same." Camilo said walking over to the place were his blood stain used to be. I got up and went into the stage room.