Beginings?

"So, want to sleep in. here? It's warm. And you would acually have a place to sleep." He smirked. I nodded gently and watched as he plopped down on the bed. I carfully laid down as well. I was so glad that somebody had thought of me. I was the outsider in both my old town and my family. why does it have to be me?! I thought to myself. I shook of my worries and turned my head a little and out of the corner of my eye, i saw Camilo was staring at me. I tried not to blush but my face felt hot and i saw Camilo quickly blush and look away.

"Um, so... what do you like to do?" He said. I had to think for a moment.

"Well, i never really had to answer that question, like, ever..." I answered. Camilo looked at me, his eyebrows twisted in confusion.

"You mean, no one had ever asked you? Not even your family!?" I nodded her head. I had never really thought of how bad it was until he mentioned it.

"Well, anyway... i like to babysit kids, organize, and... oh, and bake, and... uh... creating things?" I tried to answer him, giving a moments pause after each listed hobby to think a little. Camilo smiled at me.

"Cool. I have a job I think you may like then. Want to help me look after some kids tomorrow?" He said. I nodded happily in agreement.

"Great, we will have to ask your parents first tho." Camilo said, staring into space with his head pointed up at the ceiling.

"That's the thing... my parents don't care where I go as long as I make it back with all my hair... Im not precious like everyone in your family, Camilo. I'm the loner... i am forced to eat, work, and bake for myself..." Camilo slowly turned his head towards me and at this point of time, i was crying.

"O-oh... I-im sorry... Mamí was right... everytime I ask someone a personal question... we should get some sleep..." Camilo said, nudging my arm gently. If only... i wonder if he would like to be friends... I had never had a friend before, no thanks to Quade. I always assumed that whenever someone looks at me, they get the wrong vibe and crinkle their noses and walk away. So, I would usually just stay in my basement, but now that my Encanto was gone... i had no were to go, hide, cry, no were to be at peace with myself. At least Camilo, Julieta, and Antonio are nice... I thought. Just as I was about to get some shut eye, she heard Taffy meowing from behind the door. Camilo sat up, so did I. I gave him a look that asked him if I could let her in. Camilo nodded and I opened the door. Taffy first stroked my legs, then she sniffed the air and looked at Camilo. Camilo smiled at Taffy and winked. Taffy held her tail up high and jumped onto Camilo's lap, purring as he gave her pets.

"She likes you. She never does that to anyone, exept for me." I laughed, smiling down at the two cute figures. Camilo looked up at me and smiled. Camilo and I lay down on his soft and squishy bed, Taffy was curled up beside m.

"Night. Sleep tight." Camilo said. I blushed a little.

"Erm... night?" It was the first time someone had told her good night as well. I was so happy that I fell asleep in no time.

Is he cute tho? Like, all he had done was give you somewhere to sleep. The voice in my dream was deafining. It was the sound of Zeek's voice. I didn't know why i had cried the night Zeek died, he never treated me nicely either. The only family member that's  nice to me, but never hangs out with me, is Ethan. Then, a shape that looked like Camilo came into view as i tried to find Zeek. Camilo glared at me, his dark green eyes glinting. I felt trapped and ran towards him.

"Hola..." Camilo said. I stopped a couple feet away from him. He sounded diffrent. I couldn't quite make out if he was grinning or frowning.

"H-hola?" I said cautiosiosly. Now I was terrified of what would happen next. Camilo smirked and changed into Zeek.

"Remeber me?" He said.

"Z-Zeek!? W-what..."

"Shhh. She will see us..." His voice, now, sounded like a hissing snake. I looked around and saw a faceless man, woman thing, with only ear holes, walking around aimlessly through the black mist in which accumulated any other sights. I turned back to Zeek, but instead saw myslef and Camilo sleeping on his bed with Taffy. My eyebrows twisted and my eyes widened with fear.

"Here you are..." Something from behind me siad with a cold, dark, and screechy voice. A cold and lifeless hand was resting on my shoulder. I gulped and turned my head around. What i saw next was even scarier than what I had seen like walking around. The faceless man was right there, black, melting tentacles were whaling all over. I tried to scream but it was no use, nothing came out of my mouth. The last thing i saw was that thing's asymmetrical face ripping open to reveal a lot of teeth and then lunging at my face.

I woke up with a jerk. My breathing was heavy. Camilo was already up, sitting on the edge of the bed with some arepas. I looked at the clock, i had missed breakfast.

"Woah, you alright? I brought you some arepas since you weren't awake so I just got some extra food for you." Camilo said with a warm and comforting smile. I could smell the arepas, they smelled amazing!

"I-im fine... just a d-dream... thanks for the food tho Camilo." I said. Camilo handed me the plate and i took it. I ate peacfully. I looked at my hand and it looked tan. Camilo was watching me.

"Do they even feed you!? You were really pale, now you are so tan!" Camilo said. I never realized how pale i was until now. I never got to eat much. Most times the family would just give me a handful of grapes or 2 spoonfuls of soup. I looked down at the empty plate, embarressed of how fast I just consumed that.

"Well, we better hurry and get down to the village. The kids aren't gonna look after themselves although I'm sure they could." Camilo said jokingly. Together, we went out of Camilo's room. A girl with a yellow and orange dress with curly brown hair, like Camilo's, and a red head band was standing there.

"Dolores!? Geez! What did you hear and why the heck were you stalking us!" Camilo said. I looked at them both.

"Hehe... i heard everything! And ima tell Abuela that Xye is getting abused!" Dolores said. Camilo punched her arm lightly. Dolores shrugged and went over to Abuela. I looked down at the ground. I didn't mind being abused. As long as the rest of the family was happy, for all I cared they could through me in the way of tumbling rocks to save someone's life and I would care, even if that meant my life would be taken as well. Camilo looked down at me.

"Its ok... Dolores can hear everything from a mile away, she might have just heard the kid part. Tho she is really bad at keeping secrets." Camilo laughed. All he got back was a little glance up from me. Camilo stopped laughing and took me by the hand.

"Time to babysit some kids for a hour!" He said as I looked up and saw him holding my hand, taking us both to the village. Everytime Camilo looked back, i would see the tiniest hint of blush. I ignored his blushing. He is probably just doing it so i would feel impotant, or was he? A tiny voice echoed in my mind. I shook off the negativity and continued to chase after Camilo. We had reached the village and there was a handful of kids.

"Hola niños! What do you all want to do today?" Camilo said. His voice was gentle.

"Who's that!?"