chapter eight

But carlos? He acts nothing like the carlos you grew up with- its like he hates the world and people around him.

"Oh?" He mumble amused.
"Your not calling me camilo anymore?" He asked with a 'fake laugh.

You glared at him, your hands fitting into a fist. "It was a mistake carlos, get over it!" You spat trying to walk pass him but he blocked you everytime.

"You can call me that again if you want" he piped up, you could feel yourself heating up, eyes drifting towards him but you took a step back while he stepped forward "If thats gonna make you wanna talk to me again"

You were confused but angry, a mix of other emotions you never really felt around your parents you felt it now.

He stood inches away from you, a annoyed grin plastered on his smug face he said. "Then call me that"

You glared up at him as he speaks, its like his chanting a curse and you try your best to not let his words get to you. "No." He wasnt the carlos you knew, he was not the shapeshifter you once called best friend-he doesnt deserve to be called that. You werent gonna make that mistake again, by now all you felt was just plain anger. No confusion, no guilt, no sympathy. No other emotion.

You step back- he follows, stepping forward. "What got into you carlos?"

His face turned into a frown as he tilt his head to the side. "Come on mariposa, that isnt what you called me last night"

You hissed rolling your eyes. He's standing infront of you with his hands inside his pocket looking at you with full amusement. "Well this is a bright change of scenery, ey?" You ticked sarcastically failing to hide your anger making him satisfied.

"Coming from you." He smiled fakely as you groan walking pass him. He chuckles getting the reaction he wanted. "Where you going?" He shouted amused.

"Home!" You barked back, before snapping your gaze back at him at his response.

"Oh?" He replied sarcastically "The door is this way. . ." Meirda. You avoided eye contact as you rushed to the opposite side, feeling him staring right at the back of your head you cursed under your breath.

You could feel his smile, his stare and the satisfaction. And you knew he wasnt going to leave you alone.

"Oy."

He called from up stairs, you took a quick glance seeing his wicked grin, he teasily waved as you snarled

"I hate you carlos, you should know that!"

The words slipped out of you. You manage to get a glimpse of his face fell but was gone in seconds and shifting into a more familiar form before you ran.

You could feel salty tears running down your face and you were quick to wipe.

I just wanna go back home.