chapter eleven

You were fidgeting with the bracelet mirabel made for you, trying to calm down your nerves before hearing your name being called. You whip your head up to mirabel who had a concerned look but flashed you a gentle smile.

"You look pale, are you alright?"

"Oh yeah," You swallowed the nervous shaking voice and try to act normal, you feel as if your body was getting hot and felt cold yet the weather today looked good as it was warm, livily and happy today which made it sunny.

She nodded, "Hows your day anyways" Her eyes shifted looking behind you, "its...fine but now its better because of you" you replied softly shoving an arepa in your mouth as her smiled tighten looking back at you. "We used to do this when we were little." She says flattering a melting smile, she got from her mother.

"All the time"

"I still remember when you and the twins were fighting on who gets the last empanada and you would-"

"Miraaaa" you whined covering your face with her hands, camilo turned red and carlos- well you didnt look at carlos but you heard him click his tongue in annoyance. Her chuckled whole-heartly in response

You laughed a little before people started laugh and eat, you stare at the food in your hands trying to get yourself back into reality.

You found yourself looking at him through the corner of your eye seeing him about to eat yet he's brows turned into a tight frown looking down at your hands for not touching your food.

You almost choked on air when his eyes drifted towards yours. Whatever that frown was for quickly flatten out and his lips turned into a grin, you paid more attention on your food and awkwardly munched down feeling his eyes still looking at you. 'Can't he mind his own?

Mirabel gently tapped your shoulder "you alright?" Camilo was focused on his food munching down on his forth arepas. "Yeah ofcourse" you say as her worried smile disapeared.

"I like your new earings" She complimented "thanks mira" you replied with a small frown. "These are new in town, it would look better on you." her smile brightens "oh stop!" She laugh "we can have matching ones instead!." She beamed already setting up with her words.

You agreed with her 'plan' before laughing along with luisa's side comment on camilo but before talking, you felt something nudge your knee.

"Carlos."

"Hmm?" He hummed in mock surprise turning towards you. "What is it?" He faked.

You rolled your eyes, groaning in fast annoyed. "Whatever carlos-  whatever you say its gonna make me lose my appetite."

"Oh c'mon conejito, cheer up a bit" He chuckled sitting a bit close but unnoticeable for the others to see. "I would say you had a good sleep by the way your hair looks querida." He whispered, you quickly patted your hair to feel it was still neat. You glared at him for lying as he shruggled his shoulders.

The heck?

'He's just messing with me again- you thought. Trying to finish your meal knowing they had setted up this just for you- you wouldnt let a certain madrigal mess this up.

"Dont ruin this carlos, i dont want this food to go to waste." you say in full annoyance staring still at your food. "Well."he started " if you dont want it, just give it to me."he laugh, and a quick flash of memory reminded you of the past. When he or camilo would finish it when you didnt want anymore.

You found yourself zooming out again because of the lack of sleep. "Not chatty?"

"C'mon conejito, you can talk to me" he teased. His lips brushing on your ear lobe. You felt shivers running down your spine.

You didnt know what was up with him. You didnt want to be with him or see him at all. His like a devil just trying to get under your skin. You hated it, there wasnt no sweet carlos you knew.

"I didn't take you as mute y/n, whats new?"

After his last words, you quickly excused yourself telling them you'll check the old tree house- now even it was a stupid lie you couldn't careless.

Not the best but next chapter will be better :> thank you for reading!