chapter twenty two

You didnt have a chance to catch up with mirabel, busy returning insults with carlos most of the night.

Well you did have fun, aside from putting frosting on his face, him stuffing tià julieta's food in your face was quite funny.

Im still use to hate his guts to the bone and now having 'playful' comebacks. Jeez that took a turn...

You two were away from all the guests, in a different table as well

"You have a little something on your face." He whispers

You were sitting inches away from him, his hand on your face, he use his other hand to pull your chair closer to him. His lips barely ghosted yours as your heart rate quickened. You two didnt know what to do at the moment and just...literally sat there, he hadnt pulled away yet and so didny you- you like being this close to him. You never noticed but his eyes held a sparkle that made your heart skip a beat.

Just a little closer

Your mind wished, you wanted him to-
And as if he could read your mind, he lean in even more

Hearing a crack sound, you two split away quickly- before your lips could connect

"Mhmm!"

Dolores stood there, shock and eyes big as a circle.

"I- dolores..."

Quickly sprinting away, you two were left in awkward silence.

Damn you dolores!

"Well..." looking at carlos his face being covered with his hair, the only visible thing was his clinched jaw. You wonder if it was because dolores came up- or his embarass.

He does hate it when people meedle in his personal life, "carlos.." your voice small and soft, you didnt want to ruin the night just because of a moment.

He did look at you, luckly he didnt have his stoic expression but rather kept his smirk.

"Luckily dolores is one of the people i would tolerate, because everyone in this house- aside from you mì marìposa-- are total idiots."

You were amused you werent part of the people he would call idiots, for today atleast, you could also see how fast he chance the subject, he mastered this one.

Its better like this anyway, from hating him and nearly kissing him wasnt expected

You could feel he like you too, you just couldnt man up and admit it to him.
Afraid of all things possible...

Yet, it would be a wonderful feeling to be loved by someone who hates everyone.

"I- i got you something...but open it when you get home."

Slowly taking out a velvet colored box he placed it on your lap, a small smile escaping your lips as you thank him.

"I got you one too, but im one step up. Its on your bed by the way."

Sheepsly you smiled, he did too- a sparkle lit up his eyes again as he brushed a strand of hair back.

"Can't wait."

A small giggle escape between your lips, as you could hear the others- squealing dramatically. I guessed it didnt take dolores 5 minutes to spread the news...