chapter ten

Your throat suddenly feels dry and your heart felt like it had been running for miles.

From carlos words and non-stop work books your parents sent gave you no sleep. And as today. . . well he was literally standing infront of you. He gave you a sour feeling and a very bad toxic vibe. Or maybe it was just pure hatred.

Hearing your name you kept your mouth shut and looked away, calming your nerves and pleasing the gods to shoo him away. But they had other plans-

He places both of his fingers under your chin making you look at him as he still had to bend down to match your level. He grinned as he looked back and forth at your eyes

"Missed me querida?"

You sigh hitting his hand away, he's gaze swift to his hand and back at you. ". . .Not today carlos" your voice was low and tired everytime you close your eyes you can see the letters and numbers of your text book.

He raised an eyebrow and roll his eyes "but then you wont show up." How he said it was sarcastic but you had a slight feeling he meant it, but you thought it would be dumb mostly coming from him. You blinked "can you go?"

His eyes looked back and his lips twisted into a grin "hmm" he hummed thinking.

"No."

You're eyes almost fell heavy if you werent so mad at him right now. You can see little forming dots around your vision but luckly mirabel had invited you to for a picnic- tía julieta's food can help.

"Y/n?" A voice called and carlos was quick to roll his eyes, you look over his shoulder to see camilo with a slight smile and a shock mirabel.

Carlos seemed to be distacted, insulting camilo in his head and you took that apportunity to ran pass him.

"Camilo!" You hugged him and hushed whispered to mirabel "You said i'll be fine!"

"Sorry?" mirabel chuckled nervously in reply. "When did you get here?" Camilo asked in a cheerful voice as always. You smiled up to him and slipped away from his warm body. " a few minutes ago" you smiled, your head spinning a little yet you didnt paid much attention, you didnt want to make people care and you didn't like telling people things about you.

"Nice dress hermosa" he complimented as you hear a scoff. You three turned to look as you saw carlos leaning on a tree with his arm crossed.

You look back at camilo "Thank you cami. You look nice too-" before finishing you hear a snicker this time. Carlos was mentally insulting his twin but he showed like he didnt care.

Not that he should actually.

"Guys, the picnic is ready!" Antonio says looking at the four of you. You walked beside mirabel and linked your arms with hers.

You bit your lip hesitating dont they have chores? Did they really did this for me?... But why is he here? Even with your back turned you could feel his eyes staring at you.

"You should watch were your going." He said with a cheeky grin "you dont wanna hit your head dont you?" Was that a threat? Or his he warning me about the rocks underneath my feet? Funny- how caring pfft.

Then again your head pounded as you stare at the rocks before really slipping to your death- How embrassing that would be.

Mirabel was talking to camilo about saving food for others as you took another step unlinking your arms with mira and he followed behind you. "Watch what your saying carlos, people might think you care about me- you know dolores gift right?"

"It wouldn't matter" he said- "if you could read my mind then you would think otherwise"

'Huh? Impossible- " You gritted your teeth as you saw a glimpse of his smirk 'ofcourse his messing with you! You let out a silent gasp missing a rock and almost slipping- after taking a sharp breath knowing you didnt actually slip.

You looked up to carlos as he held his annoying stupid grin you hate, he looks down at you as you stumble to stand on your feet. "Told you to watch were your going" He teased. The headache was getting worse but you didnt want to mess things up.

You saw mirabel with a worried expression while camilo was busy glaring at his twin. But noneless they let it pass, mirabel found a spot and she patted the seat next to her.

  Yet their will be another empty seat next to you beacaue camilo was already sitted next to mirabel on the left side.

( camilo, mirabel, you supposedly, _____)

Dolores was with anotonio already, luisa and isabela was chatting eating some sort of cookies so that left you with carlos.

You sat right next to mirabel before you looked at amused carlos, and poked your tongue out before looking back at mirabel and camilo "What?"

"You do know carlos right?" Mirabel chuckled "he wont leave you alone." Camilo finished gesturing you to look behind you. So you did, and saw carlos looking at you with his left eye as the another was covered with hair.

He whispered "Clever y/n, but not very clever." He teased and you rolled your eyes at him groaning before looking back at the two.

"Told you."

Wow . . . how helpful.

You glance back at carlos and he had a grin smuger than usual,  he mouthed 'Your stuck with me'

Your face went pale and you stared at the food laid out food infront of you. Hoping this would faster--

You tense hearing him laugh. Fuck. I am stuck with him. Guess today wasnt  good luck afterall.