𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚗𝚎

Mark has no idea that a thing like writer's block exists until he faces a condition like it himself. Unable to write a thing just when the deadline is near, isn't what Mark was used to doing in his life as an online novelist. Trying to get his inspiration back, he arranges a meeting with his old friend Donghyuck who is his secret crush and the prototype of most of his characters. But something isn't right... Donghyuck has changed physically! 

Mark's life was amazing.

He could say that his dream of becoming a writer came true. Well, he wasn't the famous one who got invited to shows and all, and neither did he write bestsellers. But maybe that was still ahead of him.

Mark was actually an anonymous online novelist. He started with Marvel fanfictions and ended up creating his own world full of colorful characters! His fanbase grew and grew and then one day, he made a contract with an online novel company, published his first book, and got his first payment.

He earned a lot of money out of his online work. Mark's books were extremely popular on that site to the point he was recommended on the very first page. It flattered the young writer, so he wrote more and more. He truly believed that maybe one day his books might get a paper version...

All kinds of things were put in his works, the inspiration seemed never-ending. Either Mark visited some places to get inspired or got shot by an inspiration arrow before sleep. He learned new stuff while writing which usually was because of the internet.

Mark wrote romance, thrillers, and touched on mature themes too, getting his range wider and receiving more recognition. In short, he knew how to make his works engaging.

However, after a year or two, things got harder. His never-ending inspiration... came to an end.

He lost new ideas and faced something he thought he would never face. Writer's block. Mark couldn't even write a normal sentence without being picky that it sounded weird. Every single word was boring to him, and when they turned into a sentence – it lacked something. The storytelling was absolute crap and there was no world-building. The characters weren't as colorful too. To Mark, they reminded usual human beings with no variety.

It was stressing the talented writer out. He faced some health problems as all he did was drink coffee and stare at the computer screen. Of course, anxiety was there too. Mark was close to the deadline but the book wasn't even started.

He realized that he could no longer do it when his friend and manager Taeyong came to visit him and kicked sense in the writer's head.

"Mark, you'll die here! Take a month off and get yourself together. Your fans will understand."

"I promised them," Mark mumbled, his voice so hoarse as if he had a dry throat.

"Listen," Taeyong sighed as he hugged Mark from behind. Even when the guest came, not even for a second did Mark look away from the screen, "you've been working like that for years. Do you ever take a rest? No. You're too much of a workaholic that you think life is only about work!"

Taeyong talked on and on. His way of talking cracked ice that must've covered Mark's dead brain and soon the boy burst into tears.

"You're right!" Mark cried. "I have to take a break!"

Taeyong made a warm glass of milk and tugged Mark to bed as if the male was a kid, not an adult who liked to write explicit scenes in his books.

Anyway, when Mark woke up, he met Taeyong in his living room. There they had a conversation again – Taeyong was suggesting all kinds of vacations for the young writer just to take him off this routine.