𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

There was one thing that kept bugging Mark.

He had two books created for his crush. Dongsook read them both which was weird if she didn't catch that it was about them. That's why Mark had a theory that either she knew it and wanted him to take the first step or she was actually clueless and believed that it was only the writer's imagination.

Mark was a total coward, trying to confess his feelings through written words. He knew that he wouldn't be rejected if he did otherwise, but his anxiety, as always, created stupid scenarios. One of those was him making a fool of himself which he knew he would've remembered until his last breath.

Therefore, he still stuck to writing, the only skill he got and treasured—he always knew that he was better at writing than speaking. Mark took a little break from his books and focused on writing his confession. Just for his love. That's why he didn't beat around the bush and wrote everything from the bottom of his heart.

The whole love poem was full of warm words and compliments. There were no side characters just the narrator and the character. Mark made sure to touch Dongsook directly by referring to "you" once again. And for the final, he left a secret message.

He then waited for Dongsook to come back from work. To make the atmosphere better, Mark even cleaned the room. He thought about cooking but realized that the apartment was the only place they could stay.

Anyway, just by waiting, Mark got anxious and planned on deleting the whole thing he wrote. But then he overcame anxiety and promise himself that reading what he had written would be way better than him trying to form a sentence in awkward silence. It was like a planned speech.

Dongsook returned in the afternoon. By that time Mark read his fans' supportive comments and got more confident over the thing he wrote all morning.

"There was no update on You today," Dongsook said as her eyes locked on Mark. "I was waiting to see everyone's reactions to the chapter."

"I took a day off," Mark smiled mysteriously. "I had other things to do."

"Have you written love making scene yet?"

Dongsook was obsessed with that. Just like all of his fans. It turns out that they really liked how he was writing such things. He guessed that his descriptions of actions and feelings he transferred from his texts covered quite a low experience he actually had.

"Not yet. But I have something else I want to read for you."

Mark could tell that Dongsook got intrigued. A few seconds and she was already on the bed, ready to listen to another Mark's masterpiece.

"It's a short poem," Mark said, purposely avoiding saying that it didn't belong to any of his works.

"I'm listening."

Mark cleared his throat, getting nervous once again. But now that he had Dongsook right in front of him, there was no way he could step back.

"I always thought about our relationship," he read out loud. "Laughter and enjoyable moments we have till this day. Our lives are connected by a thin string. Value and happiness we should call it—it's something that makes us different. Emotionally, I recall and rate our days together—it must be a full hundred."

Mark took a short glance at Dongsook, who was listening to it with her eyes closed. He took a deep breath.

"You have everything I could look for, everything I could wish for..." Mark paused, then continued. "Only a little is left to show you. Unlikely for me to tell."

Mark did a long pause, which was enough for Dongsook to know that it was finished. She opened her eyes and met Mark's very intense ones. Even if Mark was embarrassed about what he was doing, he stared right at his friend's soul to know if he succeeded to transfer the message.