𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎

Mark stopped writing before he could no longer see the difference between day and night. He turned off the computer and went toward the bed, trying not to wake Dongsook up.

They were sharing the bed, just like Mark suggested. Dongsook was usually the one sleeping in there at night. Mark, meanwhile, listened to music and relaxed, letting Dongsook get a good sleep before work. In the mornings, the bed was Mark's. Just as he headed toward the bed, Dongsook woke up in ten minutes. With that, they weren't bothering nor ruining each other's sleep.

That night was different. Mark went to bed at 4 AM when Dongsook still had three hours to sleep. Either Mark was confused with time or reached his limit because it was too early for him to sleep.

Nevertheless, Mark got into bed as silently as possible and then stayed there without any blanket or pillow. Soon, he realized that maybe he didn't need any of that. His eyes were already getting heavy.

"The workaholic got tired," Dongsook chuckled in a sleepy voice, which made her sound like Donghyuck.

Mark opened his eyes and turned to the girl, who was looking at him too. Just how similar she looked to herself in the past. When it was dark in the room, Mark was unable to see her long hair, she didn't wear makeup. She was Donghyuck!

He had no idea how and why, but some urges that he had kept hidden started coming out. Mark had to get a hold of himself before he could lean and kiss her. The boy wanted to kiss her so bad! What was wrong with him?

"I do get tired, Dongsook," Mark said between yawns. "I just can't stop working."

"You can call me Donghyuck too... It's still my name."

Mark stopped yawning and focused his eyes on Dongsook.

"But... Are you sure?"

"Sometimes, I don't even know who I am. No matter whether I'm Donghyuck or Dongsook, I'm still me, but at the same time, I'm not... I don't know."

Once Mark wanted to ask if Dongsook regretted becoming a woman. She looked confident, which made Mark rethink asking this. But now... It looked like Dongsook had lots of doubts. She doubted her gender in general. She didn't know who she was.

"Maybe you're gender fluid?" Mark asked, showing off his erudition but also trying to help.

Dongsook looked at Mark in surprise. It wasn't hard to know that she was taken aback by how much Mark knew. She even forgot she was sleepy.

"I don't know," she replied with such honesty. "I need to think."

Mark nodded and dropped to his side to face Dongsook better. Then he held out his arm and touched her face, softly brushing his fingers down her cheek.

"I'll support you no matter who you are. Donghyuck or Dongsook, both are my friends."

Dongsook started crying as soon as she heard the 'friends' part. Mark took her into his arms to comfort and just like that, they fell asleep.

When Mark woke up, he was facing the wall and Dongsook was already at work.

﹡ ﹡ ﹡

"How is your inspiration?" Taeyong asked just as Mark answered the call.

"It's back again. I'm in the middle of my book right now."

"Oh, that's a relief, because..." Taeyong paused as if hesitating.

Mark stopped making his late late breakfast (it was 1 PM!) and frowned.

"Don't tell me that the boss wants me to submit it this week. I can't! It's in progress but not yet finished!"

"I know, I know. That's what I'm trying to say, but she's too stubborn. And yes, she wants to see it at the end of the week."