𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚒𝚡

Mark thought that Taeyong's idea was stupid but fair enough. Without approval, Mark would have robbed Dongsook, using her as the main character just to get money. Writing about someone without asking them was real-life plagiarization!

Mark was glad that he considered her opinion and asked it. It cost him courage as he didn't want to ruin their time with an idea that could have been considered stupid by Dongsook.

But it didn't happen.

She agreed, but Dongsook was stunned at first.

"About me? Why?"

Mark had to explain that he found her life interesting and wanted to turn it into a story that could be reached by anyone. That was what surprised Dongsook even more. Clearly, she had no idea that she was an interesting human being. She kept staring at Mark with wide eyes when the latter continued explaining but there was no disapproval in her expression.

"I lost inspiration before I met you. I could hardly form a sentence back then! But when we spent the day together, I suddenly felt so inspired that I started creating a character based on you."

"Is... Is another world always in your head?" Dongsook asked, weirded out.

"Always," Mark grimaced as he too sometimes felt odd about it. "I can't stop my imagination."

"You're unbelievable," Dongsook chuckled and even rolled her eyes. "We just talked about being a workaholic and how it's bad for your health and now you're talking about your work again? What an audacity!"

Mark took that as a bad sign so he opened his mouth to fix the situation. Though, Dongsook also seemed to realize that it sounded bad, so she spoke before him.

"Anyway, I'm in. If that means that I'll be able to participate in writing it together with you, I agree. I want people like me to read the book and find confidence in themselves."

"Thank you," Mark sighed in relief.

"Also... I suppose it includes me calling you every two hours to tell you to take a walk or go and eat something. I won't let you die with your fingers glued to the keyboard."

Mark laughed at how much Dongsook cared about his health. She was like Taeyong. Both of them caring about Mark was heart-warming.

"Let's make a contract," Dongsook said as she extended her hand. "Handshake contract."

Mark smiled and also gave out his hand. They shook their hands and Dongsook grinned.

"We'll be great partners. It's not our first time working together."

"You remember," Mark's eyes sparkled.

"Who would forget million worth of Marvel fanfictions?"

﹡ ﹡ ﹡

Mark called Taeyong as soon as he got out of the train. He told everything he agreed on with Dongsook with so much excitement that Taeyong had to ask him to lower his voice.

"So that means I'm not in charge of taking care of you from now on?"

"Are you jealous?"

"No, I'm glad my baby got another manager!"

"Eww! Don't call me your baby. We're not that different in age."

"You're like a baby to me!"

Talking with Taeyong on the phone usually took some time. So when they finally ended it, Mark went straight to his computer. He was ready to write a page or two when he got a call from Dongsook.