𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

As always, Dongsook was mesmerized by Mark's writing style and got immersed in the writing as if it was already published book.

"Junoh shouldn't be that complicated," a first comment left Dongsook's mouth. "Make him less annoying."

"You know this story is based on true events, right?" Mark turned to Dongsook with a mischievous smile. "He's the same as his prototype."

"Oh, yeah?"

Dongsook tilted her head as he looked back at Mark too. Her eyebrow, perfectly done, was arched in a very known manner for Mark. She was ready to drop a bomb.

"Are you trying to show how annoying I can be?"

What a bomb.

"First, you're the only one who says that Junoh is annoying. I never said it."

Dongsook pouted and then started whining. It was like she didn't even hear what Mark just said.

"Am I actually annoying?"

"No, you're not annoying. You're just a tease."

"But I did annoy you sometimes. Be honest."

"You did. But not anymore. I think you matured."

A big smile made its way to Dongsook's face. For some reason, she even hugged Mark and rested her head on his shoulder. The young writer, who was close with affection only in his books, was panicking inside. Dongsook was so close! Closer than Mark ever let people be.

"What do you think about Intae?" Mark cleared his throat, trying not to let his voice creak and betray how he was feeling.

His heart was racing!

"He's too perfect. Make him more similar to you if you want it to be a true story."

Mark wrote it in his notes to make Intae's character more like him. What was he even thinking when he made Intae different from him? When Mark was first thinking about it, he just wanted a character way smarter than he was so that the book wouldn't be like real life with the main character having no idea about his soon-to-be transgender friend. But maybe that was the essential part.

Dongsook was reading as much as she could, but very soon, her eyelids got heavy and she was ready to fall asleep just on the desk. Mark laughed, calling her weak as a workaholic like him was working till the sunrise. Nevertheless, he helped Dongsook to reach her bed and even tucked her.

"You should sleep too," Dongsook managed to say even in a sleepy state.

Mark looked around, seeing no sofa for him to sleep on.

"I'll stay up for a bit."

Dongsook didn't have the strength to argue with Mark. The power of exhaustion was way stronger, the dreamland was at her back. Mark was by her side at that time. He was kneeling at her bed, watching how the thick eyelashes stopped fluttering. Smiling, he brushed the hair from Dongsook's face and leaned to kiss her forehead.

After that, he returned to his laptop, writing five more pages before he fell asleep.

﹡ ﹡ ﹡

"Can you tell her to give me more time? I can't submit my work with just seventy pages!"

On the other line, Taeyong groaned.

"She'll be mad."

"I'm mad too! Why is she asking for a story when the deadline is only the next week?"

"She's curious about your work, Mark. It's her job to ask how is it going."

"Bad!" Mark growled. He took a sip of his fifth cup of coffee that day, which turned out to be as bitter taste as the whole conversation. "I don't think I'll be able to write a single line if she keeps pressuring me."