Chapter 1: Detention

I got dress quickly hoping my father is asleep. "Crap" I looked at the time. "I don't want to be late again" I grab my bag and quietly ran down the stairs. I grab a piece of toast and walk to the door. "Eren, where are you going!?" My body froze when I heard that deep voice behind me. "S-school" I stuttered walking slowly out the door. My father grabbed me by the hair and slam me  against the hard wooden floor. I was breathing hard because the wind was knocked out of me.

I sat up knowing I was going to he kicked in the stomach. I started to cough. Then he picked me up by the hair and punched me in the face a couple of times leaving me with a busted lip and a bloody nose.

I laid on the floor for a minute to see if he was done. I got up and ran out the door knowing I was late. Before I got to school I went under the bridge that was by the lake in the middle of town and lean on the wall. I slid down and hit my ass off the dirt ground. I took a cigarette out of my pocket and lid it up. I put it between my lips and started to smoke. "Damn this feels good." I put my head back letting out the white smoke escaping my cut lips. I smile as I finish it. 

Instead of stepping on the cigarette I pressed it against my arm right under a fresh cut I did from last night. I pressed it down for 2 minutes and threw it aside as I walk to the water. I slash some cold water on my face wiping the dry blood off my face. I cover my arms with my long sleeve sweater

I walk into my second period late like normal. "Eren, why are you late." I scratch the back of my head.

"Eren did you get into another fight?" Ms. L said coming up to me. I just walk to my desk as everyone stares at my face. "By the way Eren because you are late you are going to be staying after school for detention with you gym teacher." I sigh and I went to sit at my desk waiting for this day to end or maybe my life.

I walk into last period is gym that we have with the upper class. "Omg, it's Levi Ackerman." A girl yells. I look over to see the most popular kid in school. Levi Ackerman, he is a grade older then me and has the most perfect life. He gets all the girls has like over 50 friends in this school and who knows how many out of school. His little sister Mikasa is a friend of mine, I only have two friends Armin and Mikasa, and they don't hang out with me that much anyways.

I am like one of those, I have no other friends to hang outwith type of guy when people who don't have anyone to hang out with. Armin walk up to me with his damn smile on his face. "So, Eren who did you fight with today." I scratch the back of my head. "I don't know he randomly came up to me." I said lying. I went to change quickly before anyone sees my body and I came out with a long sleeve shirt on. 

I walk out of the change room and line up with the rest of the class. "Okay, we are going to be run 50 laps, go" Mr. Jones said as everyone groan. Everyone started to run exempt for Levi he was flirting with a girl on the other side of the gym. "Mr. Ackerman, stop flirt with that girl and start running." Mr, Jones said yelling from one side of the gym. Levi did not listen to him he kept on flirting. "Levi, you are getting a detention after school with me, now start running." Mr. Jones said yelling louder. Levi looked over at him with his emotionless eyes.

I finish my laps and lay down on the hard wooden floor of the gym, I flinch at the feeling of my wounds hitting the floor.

Gym was finally over and I was heading for the locker room. "Eren Jaeger, where do you think your going, you have detention as well for being late for class this morning." Mr. Jones said to me. "Damn.. I forgot." I walk over where Levi was and sat lean on the wall wanting to smoke really bad. 

"Okay you two, I want you guys to run 30 laps, 170 push ups, 212 sit ups, go" Mr. Jones said as I start by doing the push up first as Levi did sit ups. 

After finishing doing the push ups and the sit ups, I start running around the gym. Every lap I do I look at the time, so I know what time my father comes back from work, if I should go home or not. "Hey brat, stop looking at that damn clock, it's not going to go fast and let you go home quicker." Levi said coming up to me. "That's not it" I looked at him, I look away and mumble, "I don't want to go home." "What was that?" "Nothing" I said quickly and started to run faster.

Levi Pov

 I keep wonder why he is in here, he looks like a goody two shoes kind of guy. "Yo, I want to ask you something." The brat slows down, "Why are you in detention?" He looks away back at the clock. "I was late." He looks back at me, his blue and green eyes looks more emotionless then mine, whats with this kid. "Why were you late?" He don't seems to be a very bad kid, is it his first time late. "I got into a fight, like I normally do and they normally let me off sometimes but today they gave me one."

He gets into fight. I look up and down his body, he was wearing black shorts and a dark blue long sleeve shirt, "Why are you wearing that, are you hot in it." "No, I am fine." I could tell he was lying but I'm just going to leave it like that. What is his name?, I remember Mr. Jones yelling it a couple of times, what is it? 

I was starting to sweat and it was gross, I can't wait until it is over so I can have a shower. I was on my last lap while the kid was on his 3rd. He always looking at that damn clock, does he have somewhere to be.Why am I thinking about him, I don't even know him let alone his name. 

I finish my lap. "Mr. Jones, I am done." I said breathing hard but trying to hide hit." "Okay, you can go shower and leave," He said looking back at the brat. "Eren, how many laps do you have?" Mr. Jones said. That's his name. I look over at the kid still running as he yells. "1 more." I walk into the change room and grab a towel and go into a shower and start to clean myself off. 

A couple minutes later I hear the locker door open and a shuffle outside. I look out behind the curtain as I see the brat taking his shirt off. He lift it up as I see cuts and bruises all over his body. Are those from his fight? I look on his arms I see some deep cuts and these circle markings on his fresh young skin. I go back to showering and finish up. 

I get out and dry myself off and change. The brat comes out and looks at me shock like that I was still here. "What's wrong?" I ask putting my shirt on. "Oh n-nothing." I looked at him. I examined his body a little bit more and looking at the marks he has. There were a lot like it happens everyday. "Are those marks on your body from fighting." It look like he froze then looks back at me with his dead fish blue green eyes.

"Yeah, they are but it is fine they don't hurt. I am use to it." He put his shirt on that cover all them cuts and bruises but there were still some on his legs.

I leave the locker room and go to my locker that was by the gym but a couple feet away. Eren come out and walks past me with out looking anywhere else but straight.

I close my locker door as he goes up to the third floor. I walk outside of the building looking around to see if any ones is around, Maybe I should walk the brat home, his parents must be worried. I look back to see him walking out. "Your still here." he said coming up. "Yeah, I was thinking of taking you home because your parents must be worried." Once I said that he didn't look good, while he already never look good he looks pale as ever. "N-no it's fine." He said. "Why?" "I am not going home."

Eren Pov 

Why is he saying he want's to walk me home, it's not like my father care. "Where are you going then?" "Nowhere special just a walk, well bye" I said quickly and left.

I walk to the bridge and sat where I sat this morning and grabbed a smoke. "Finally" I smile. 

I smoke 3 more cigarettes then went home hoping my father was gone.

But I was wrong.