Chapter 2: Caught

I could not stop thinking about that brat Eren whatever his last name was. He was a weird kid. I never though someone like him with get into fights or anything. "Levi wake up or your going to be late." My Mother yells from down that hall. I get up and go have a shower.

I change into dark gray pants, dark blue shirt and put a zip up sweater on and head downstairs to see my father, mother, and Mikasa eating their food. I go into the kitchen and make myself a cup of tea.

I walk into the dining room and sat with my family. "So, Mikasa I don't hear much from Eren anymore, whats up with him?" My mother ask, I forgot my sister is friends with him. "He is good, always getting into fights." My mother laughs. "That is Eren for you, didn't he come from Germany a couple of months ago?" Germany? I would have never guess, his English is spot on. "Yeah he is," She answers back and goes to the kitchen with her plate.

I put my tea cup in the dish washer and go to school. "Hey Levi." I walk through the front gate as Hanji and Petra running up to me as Erwin walks behind them. "How was detention?" Hanji ask putting an arm around me. "No bad, all I had to do was run, do push ups, and sit ups" I said taking her arm of me. 

"Hey it's that Eren kid who was in detention as well, man he looks beat?" Erwin said as I look back at the from gates. I see the brat talking to me sister and the blond boy. Erwin was right he looks beat just like he got out of a fight. He had a black eye, his lips were busted, his nose was bleeding. "I just think he came to our country just to get into fight." Petra said putting her hands on her hips. 

The brat looks around to see people stare at him, he still had his dead fish eyes, but they were worse then yesterday. They started to walk past us. "Eren, you have better won that fight." The blond kid said with his smile that he always has on. "Your going to the nurse office, I do not want you bleeding everywhere in class." Mikasa said, she is so caring. I watch as they walk into the school. "So, you had to deal with him for an hour or so?" Erwin look back at me. "Well, he never talk at all he just did his thing then left." I started to walk to class.

All day I was think of him still. Why can't I get him out of mine mind. I walk into the changing room for my last class.I change into my normal gym outfit and go back where the rest of the class was. I look around and he was not here. is he late. I look around for 5 minutes and he still did not show. "Where is Jaeger?" Mr. Jones yell. "I think he said he was going to skip class today" Mikasa said coming closer to the group. "What, he is not going to skip his class." "I am not sure if he left the school grounds or not." she finished. Mr. Jones looks around the room and stopped at me. "Ackerman, go look for him!" "What why me?" "You will only probable flirt with the ladies and not do anything?" "Fine." 

I left the gym and start to look around. "Where the fuck is he?" I look at his locker, the library, every classroom. No where to be found. "Maybe he is outside." I walk out the back doors and look everywhere. "Did he leave the school." I was about to go back inside but then I heard a nose coming behind a wall. I go up to it quietly when I sneak a peek. I saw Eren sitting there. My eye wide once I saw what was in his hands. In his right hand was a cigarette, and in the other one was a razor. For some reason my heart went to the bottom of my stomach as I watch him put the cigarette to his lips.

He put the razor to his arms and start to cut really deep. he did that for a couple of minutes, I could not move, I was really shocked, I never knew he did this. Did he really get into fights or what? a lot of things went through my mind. I keep looking as he keeps doing it. Once the cigarette, I watch him take one last puff, he grab it. This shocked me even more when I saw him press the burning part to his skin and he had a smile on his face. I looked at his arm more, and I could see more then one burnt mark.