Twenty Five

Weiss' eyes widened as the video started to play, her voice filling the room as she played the piano in the video. Who took this? It must've been somebody in the crowd, but who? Some stranger most likely, since she could easily spot the back of Jirou's head, her bag of picks being visible in her hands.

"Dry your eyes now, baby." The video was recorded at an angle in the air, but Weiss' face was visibly on display. She was beautiful of course, even with the scar that blemished her almost perfect face. The video played until Weiss finished singing, and the crowd erupted into applause. The video ended soon after.

She was about to read through the comments when the phone buzzed again, a notification from the Musical Trio' popping up at the top of the screen. She opened the message without another thought.

Ashido: Congrats Weisssy! Ur famous now!

Jirou: 300,000 views is pretty impressive. Especially since the video is only a few days old.

Weiss released the breath she was holding and brought her knees up to her chest, even as she sat in a chair. Was this really happening? Was this just a dream? A pinch to her arm confirmed that she was indeed awake.

Weiss: I'm shocked.

Jirou: I'm not. You have an amazing voice. You should share it with the world.

Ashido: Yeah! Wat she said!!

Weiss went back to the video and started scrolling through the comments. Those two could have been saying all of that just to be polite. The comments, while Weiss knew that not all of them would be positive from her experience back on Remnant, should show a better picture of what people actually thought. Let's see...

She's so pretty!

Is this an original song??? I can't find it anywhere

What a nasty looking scar

I love her voice! I heard JYPE was debuting a new idol group, could she be one of the trainees???

Gorgeous voice

I want to hear moreeee!

Weiss' eyes scanned dozens of comments, each one making her heart feel like it was tightening. This was way better than she expected, her eyes skipping the comments that were just plain hateful. She had done that countless times before, plus she already knew her strengths and weaknesses.

Jirou: Not to sound pushy or anything, but you should strike while the iron is hot

Ashido: Wat an old expression u old lady

Jirou: ….

Weiss bit her bottom lip so hard, she would have started bleeding if it wasn't for her aura. If she didn't take this opportunity, who knew when the next would arrive? While Jacques Schnee was a terrible Father, he did teach Weiss to never pass an opportunity, one of the only lessons that actually helped her in life.

Weiss: Jirou, is your offer still open?

Jirou: Of course I just offered it a few minutes ago-

Ashido: I call dibs on helping u run ur easygram!

Perhaps making new friends wasn't such a bad idea.

----

"You have a lovely home." Weiss commented as Jirou led her down the main hallway. Jirou's home seemed to be a different model compared to their neighbors, the outside color primarily being white.

"Thanks!" Jirou was dressed in shorts with two tank tops, the small more form fitting shirt being black, while the looser one on top was a bright orange. "Mom and Dad are out running an errand, but they should be back any minute now."

They walked into what seemed to be their living room. Parts of the walls were covered in shelves that reached toward the ceiling, each one filled to the brim with various records. A piano sat on the far end, with several guitars and bass guitars hanging on the wall.

"They sound lovely." Weiss smiled as she adjusted the bag that she had at her side. Shs spent the last few days transcribing her songs onto paper, picking out a few that she could use for her debut song. She couldn't exactly walk around with her scroll, that would result in too many questions.

"I guess." Jirou rubbed the back of her neck awkwardly. "They're pretty supportive."

She didn't know how lucky she was. Weiss raised an eyebrow, but didn't comment as she examined the room. Jirou's family seemed to be well off, and several of the records also had her family's name on them. Her Father must've been pretty successful.

"That's good." Weiss said, her voice tense. How did it feel to have a 'normal' family? While Ruby and Yang didn't have their Mother, they were happy with their Father who raised them alone with Qrow's help. Weiss didn't know much about Blake's past to comment on her family life.

"So, do you have any songs that you want to use?" Jirou asked as they sat on one of her couches.

"I brought a few that I think should work well, but I can't choose." Weiss admitted as she opened her bag, pulled out a few folders and handed them to Jirou, who took them after a moment's hesitation.

"Do you have a specific genre in mind? Or maybe an image?" Jirou opened the first folder and started skimming over the musical notes and lyrics.

"I like to experiment when it comes to my music." Weiss said. She hadn't thought that far to be honest, primarily focusing on a way to make money. "I don't like being confined to one specific genre." Plus it was a way to spite Father.

"I can tell. This doesn't sound anything like the song from the music store." Jirou's eyes widened as she flipped through the pages. "And you wrote the sheet music for each instrument?!"

"I did. I have a lot of free time, so…" Weiss shrugged. Jirou grabbed another folder, flipping through the pages with wide eyes. She did the same to another.

"Y-You wrote all of this by yourself?!" Jirou stuttered as she stared at the folder. Weiss nodded slowly. She did most of the heavy lifting, and was involved in the production as well, not wanting Father's producers to ruin the vision of each song she wrote. Only a few collaborations were co written with others, but Weiss left those back at Mt. Agency.

"Yup."

Jirou suddenly stood up with a large grin on her face. Extending one hand to Weiss while the other held a folder, her energy was infectious. Weiss didn't like it.

"Let's get you inside that studio."

A/N
I decided that I will be reorganizing the chapters. Don't know how long it will take, but it shouldn't take that much time. Fanfiction readers will continue to receive updates the same day as other websites.
Once the Weiss music arc is, mostly, over, we shall be heading to UA! The moment everybody has been waiting for!

Question of the day:

What song do you think Weiss will choose for her debut?

Till next time on Schnee: Hero or Huntress