Eighty Nine

The few minutes that came before a sparring match were always the most nerve wrecking, even more so than the actual fight itself. It was like that at Beacon, even during Professor Goodwitch's class for the simplest of fights. She was a Schnee, and such a name didn't always bring the best kind of attention. She had a name to uphold, a legacy to protect, and her own pride at stake whenever she stepped into the ring. Weiss was sure that half of her class was praying for her downfall, the faunus ones especially.

Weiss' eyes scanned Dolt's blunt blade, checking each and every Atlesian rune that she had painstakingly carved. Even with her skills, Dolt was still inferior to Myrtenaster in every way, which was made out of the finest steel available. Still, at least her aura allowed her to turn even a raw swordfish into a deadly weapon. Sliding her electricity Dust into Dolt's chamber, she closed it shut with a snap.

The dog was fast, and his explosions could be deadly when combined with his attitude. She would have to fight smartly, and attempt to end it as soon as possible. Weiss gave Dolt a few practice swings as the Dust chambers shifted. Overconfidence would be her downfall, she would have to treat this like any other fight. The dog's fighting style primarily relied on his aggression to surprise his opponent, the best defense would be a good offense.

Some idiot kicked the door to her waiting room open. She whipped her hair around to glare at the intruder, who just so happened to be that foul mouth rabid dog.

"Hey! What are you doing here?" The dog shouted angrily. He paused and read the sign next to the door. "Wait, it's waiting room…"

"How did you even make it into UA if you can read?" Weiss sighed, keeping her glare focused on the dog.

"Shut up you stupid Ice Extra! Damn it!" The dog sauntered in anyways, his hands in his pocket. Hm, was he already trying to build up his quirk? "Don't think that you're going to win just because you made it to the finals."

"Ice Extra? My my, I wasn't aware that you were a theater kid." Weiss smirked as she sheathed Dolt. "What's wrong? Juilliard kicked you out?"

The dog swung his hand in the area in front of her, setting off a small explosion that filled her nose with the smell of smoke. Good, Weiss was sure that his body was already pushing itself to the limit.

"I'm going to beat you." The dog growled. "And I'm going to show-"

"-everyone that you are the strongest student at UA, thereby humiliating me on live television. Something, something number one hero." Weiss interrupted, replacing her glare with a bored expression. "How much of that did I get right?"

The dog clenched one of his fists, and kicked the lone table in the room, flipping it on its side. He pointed a finger at her accusingly. "You better go all out, I know that you've been holding back this whole time."

Weiss only shrugged in response, walking past the blond boy. She stopped at the doorway, angling her head to look at him with one eye. It was time somebody put that bully in his place. The dog's face contorted into something ugly with an evil smirk on his face. She had fought countless Grimm, survived White Fang assasination attempts, survived a crash, and fought against blood thirsty bandits, including the Spring Maiden. Who was the dog when compared to all of that?

"I have no idea what you're talking about." 

--------

The walk down the tunnel felt longer than the last few times Weiss had walked through there. The world was watching, Kyouka, Mina and the rest of the class were watching, Yu was watching, and deep inside, Weiss hoped that Ruby was watching, wherever she was. Hardening her eyes and keeping her back straight, she approached the end of the tunnel, the sunlight shining brightly.