Sixty Nine

"There should be a taser built in the shaft!" 

"No. That'll throw the balance off, and how do you plan on giving it enough power to knock someone out consistently?" 

"What's the revolver hilt for? Are you trying to make a gun-sword!? Those must be some large bullets. Rubber?" 

"No and no."  

"How about a baton-spear that can extend several meters? Oh oh! And it can be used as a taser!"

"No. What's with you and tasers?" 

Weiss had to fight the urge to rub her forehead as her left eye kept twitching. At first, Hatsume kept reminding her of Ruby, with their shared obsession for weapons, or inventions in Hatsumes case. That was still true, except for one teensy little thing. Weiss was pretty sure that if Nora and Ruby ever ended up having a baby, Hatsume would be the result. 

The main problem, the pink haired girl was much more annoying, and Weiss' brain kept repeating memories from her time with her partner. Her hands were on the verge of shaking as she drew the design for her new non-lethal weapon. She wanted to finish the design today so the actual bodywork could start soon, and hopefully Weiss would be able to use it during the Sports Festival. That was going to require quite a bit of paperwork, but it would be worth it. 

The hilt of her new weapon was essentially the same as Myrtenaster, including the Dust chambers, with its blunt blade being about the same length. It wouldn't be as decorated as Myrtenaster, with only a few Atlesian markings and runes here and there. The metal would no doubt be inferior to the Atlesian steel that Myrtenaster was made up of, but her aura could amplify the weapons strength to be up to par, such as when she used the swordfish during the foodfight back at Beacon. Those good old days were long gone. 

"Won't the revolver take up too much space? And won't the metal where it opens up be weaker than the actual blade?" Hatsume asked as she leaned over Weiss' shoulder, pressing her chest against the smaller girl's back. It made Weiss feel uncomfortable. 

"The revolver helps me to channel my glyphs, and that's why the metal around it is going to be reinforced." Weiss said dryly. She just wanted to get over this, and go home to let everything all out. At this rate she was going to explode. 

"What's going in the revolver's chambers?" Hatsume grabbed her own pen and started scribbling over Weiss' drawings. "The pommel is going to have to be lighter in order to offset the weight from the hilt." 

"It's a scythe and a gun." Ruby shifted Crescent Rose from its compact mode into its scythe form. She posed dramatically with a large grin as Weiss recorded her, a small smile on her face. 

"I can use my quirk to fill them." Weiss said, her voice barely more than a whisper. It wasn't a complete lie since she did use her glyphs and aura to help grow her dust. Her eyes turned to the lone clock in the studio. It was time to go home. Stretching her arms, Weiss stood up from the chair she was seated in. "It's time for me to go. I'll continue working on the design at home so we can start working on the prototype." She needed to get out of here. 

Hatsume took that moment to jump into the chair to scan the first design. Dreadlock girl was barely paying attention. "Yeah yeah, see you later White." 

"It's Weiss."

"That's what I said." 

--------

Yu still wasn't home by the time Weiss arrived. Placing her backpack on the rack in the living room, a piece of paper caught her eye. It was taped to the TV screen, which was honestly a bad place to put it, unless Yu wanted to damage it and get a new one. Gently grabbing the sticky note, Weiss eyes immediately started to scan it.