Seventy One

Time passed by rather quickly, and soon the day of the Sports Festival arrived. Weiss spent her time after school and therapy, which primarily consisted of card games that Mr. Inui was teaching her, finishing up her new weapon, the paperwork that allowed her to use it being approved, and practicing as best as she could without Myrtenaster, which felt a bit weird, but it was doable. Myrtenaster would stay at home for now, locked away in the case next to her bed. Wielding a weapon that wasn't her beloved sword felt weird, almost as if Weiss was cheating on Myrtenaster. She lifted the blunt replica of Myrtenaster in her hands, swinging it softly as its unsharpened edge tore through the air. 

Dolt's steel wasn't as durable as Myrtenaster's Atlesian steel, but her aura should be able to reinforce it. Sadly, Dolt's Dust chambers would remain empty today, instead of being filled to the brim with various types of Dust powders and crystals. She didn't need people looking into the fact that she could literally light Dolt on fire, and sprout ice from the ground with the flick of a switch and with some help from her glyphs. Using Dust back at the USJ was already a huge risk. Thought, perhaps she should bring some electricity Dust, just in case she needed to use time dilation. It wasn't as obvious as the other kinds. Weiss grabbed a vial and slid it into her blazer's pocket. 

"Are you ready to go Weissy! I'll make you walk to school if you aren't!" Yu shouted, her voice faintly carried by the artificial wind that their AC unit created. Placing Dolt into the new case that Hatsume had helped her build, Weiss gave the unworthy weapon one last look, her eyes scanning each rune that she had personally etched. 

"I'm coming!" Weiss closed the case, securing the locks before easily holding over her shoulder, her backpack also securely in place. 

"You better not disappoint me, Dolt." Only then shall the imitation be able to gain a worthy name,

--------

"I'll be outside patrolling with Shinji and Death Arms. UA's checkbook is pretty decent when they want to hire security." Yu gave Weiss a wink. "I'll be cheering for you from the steamed bun stand." Life had taken an abrupt turn, with Yu's career as a hero steadily rising. She was famous now, and had more money thanks to her endorsements and commercials that she filmed. Life was good for the gigantification hero. 

Patrols and endorsements took up most of her time, which seemed to have combined with Weiss' busy schedule, resulting in the two hardly seeing each other anymore, which made Yu feel bad. 

"If you keep eating all of the free samples, you're going to rip your costume." Weiss said dryly, her eyes focused on the road ahead of them. She formed a smirk. 

"Good thing it stretches." Yu shrugged as she pulled up near the curve. A crowd was already starting to gather, with reporters attempting to interview any student that walked past. Biting her bottom lip as Weiss started to unlock her seatbelt and the door, Yu reached out a hand and placed it on the younger girl's shoulder. "You know, I'll be proud of you no matter what happens, right?' 

Weiss only gave her a small smile and a slight nod. "I know, thank you, Yu." 

Yu smiled back, patting the tsundere on the shoulder gently. "I'm sure you're going to kill the competition." Weiss flinched softly, but Yu squeezed her shoulder just barely. 

Hopefully Weiss didn't take that literally. 

--------

Weiss kept her back straight, feeling Dolt's weight distribution that had taken weeks of preparation, with Hatsume's help of course. The eccentric girl had wanted to outfit Weiss' new weapon with dozens of new additions, all of which Weiss denied. She didn't have time to make any additions to her fighting style, and was already handicapped without using her Dust crystals. Electricity would serve only as a last resort. She would actually prefer if she didn't have to use, as hard as they were to reproduce.