Eighty Six

"THANKS FOR WAITING EVERYONE, IT'S NOW TIME FOR THE FIRST MATCH OF THE SECOND ROUND!" Present Mic's shouting remained consistent. "IT'S ANOTHER CIVIL WAR, WITH BOTH COMPETITORS FROM CLASS 1B IN THE HERO COURSE!" 

Weiss' sapphire eyes watched with mild interest, she would do well to analyze the fighting styles of her rivals, just in case she ended up fighting one of them. Mineta, as competent as he's proven himself so far despite his rather lackluster performance in the last match, stood no chance against her. His only chance of winning would end with Weiss immobilized by his purple balls. 

"FIRST OFF WE HAVE THE IRON MAN, TETSUTETSU TETSUTETSU! MAN TRYING SAYING THAT A FEW TIMES." The boy with the weird stuff around his eyes approached the elevated battleground, fire from the four corners rising high into the air. 

"AND HIS OPPONENT, MONOMA NEITO THE GUY WITH THAT WEIRD LAUGH. AND HE CAN COPY QUIRKS OR WHATEVER." That earned the spiky haired man a round of laughter as Mr. Aizawa scolded him right after. 

"How do you think this match will go, Kyouka?" Weiss asked despite knowing the answer. Developing her friend's tactical ability should help keep them safe, should something like the USJ attack ever happen again. 

"Uh, Tetsutesu's physically stronger I guess, but Monoma's quirk gives him more options." Kyouka answered hesitantly. "If he manages to get Tetsutetsu to sink into the ground, Monoma's got this in the bag." 

"Good." Weiss smiled as the fight began. Just as she predicted, Monoma touched the ground while Tetsutetsu turned into metal and charged towards her psycho fan. The concrete started to jiggle like jello, or some kind of pudding, and Tetsutetsu started to sink. 

"How do you know so much about fighting Weissy?" Mina turned her head just slightly. That earned Weiss stares from Kyouka and Momo. 

"Yeah, you came out of the USJ without a scratch, and you're easily the best fighter in the class." Kyouka added. Thankfully Momo remained silent, a finger on her chin as she furrowed her eyebrows together. 

Damn, should Weiss have held back more during practice? She wouldn't apologize for what she did during the USJ attack, she didn't want her friends getting hurt, but Weiss also didn't need them finding out the truth about her. They didn't need to know that she had been lying to them this entire time. 

"Is this really the best time to bring this up?" Weiss avoided their stares, keeping her gaze focused on the match. Cementoss was talking to Tetsutetsu, who was up to his neck in cement. Hm, she might as well throw them a bone, since she rarely mentioned her past, sticking to the cover story Detective Tsukauchi helped come up with. "When I was younger, I never really had friends. All of my free time was spent in ballet, skating, and ballet lessons." She left out other details, such as exactly how long she had been training. 

Momo nodded slowly in understanding. It felt weird, using her personal name instead of her family name like she had all this time. 

"I combined all three aspects from my lessons, since I wanted to be a hero, to create my own style of fighting." Weiss gave Mina a smirk. "Heroes don't just save kittens that are stuck in a tree." The attack on the USJ proved as much. 

If necessary, they must be willing to die for those who couldn't defend themselves. 

"You're so cool, Weissy." Mina said with a grin, which earned her a laugh from Kyouka and a giggle from Momo. Weiss' smirk simply turned into a grimace. 

"Puns are the lowest form of comedy Mina." 

"MONOMA NEITO WINS!" 

--------

Izuku had never been as nervous as he was now. Not even the entrance exam or the USJ attack made him feel this nervous, though that last one did scare him. Millions of people were watching, thousands of heroes were watching, Mom was watching, All Might was watching. Izuku curled his fingers into a fist. He still didn't have enough control over One For All, but he did have ten fingers. 

But would that be enough against Katsuki? Katuski was strong, one of the strongest in the class, if not one of the strongest first years. Izuku took a deep breath as he marched down the hallway that would lead to his challenge. He would go beyond, go Plus Ultra and show the world that he was here! 

With determined eyes staring forward, Izuku was ready to redeem himself from that first embarrassing match. He never should have accepted that offer from Hatsume to try out some of her gadgets, which led to a bunch of things that he would rather forget. He didn't even give her a straight answer, his stutter and blush preventing him from declining. 

It made Izuku feel sick inside, moving onto the next round like he did, especially since everyone else was battling to prove themselves, going all out and pushing past their limits. Izuku finally saw the literal light at the tunnel as he neared the exit. 

It was time to prove himself and to stand out, to show All Might that he didn't make a mistake when he chose Izuku as his successor. 

"ITS CLASS 1A VS 1A, WITH THE GREEN HAIRED WONDER, MIDORIYA IZUKU!" Present Mic announced as Izuku stepped out of the tunnel to loud cheers. He kept walking forward without hesitation or stumbling. Izuku started climbing the concrete stairs. 

AND HIS OPPONENT, ALSO FROM CLASS 1A, BAKUGOU KATSUKI WHO ALSO PROVED THAT HE ISN'T AFRAID TO HIT GIRLS, OR BLOW THEM UP IN HIS CASE." The cheers for Katsuki were mixed with loud boos. 

The two reached the top at the same time. Katsuki's eyes appeared to be blazing with fire as he snarled. "Deku." 

"Katsuki." Izuku said firmly. He admired his childhood friend, he had everything Izuku didn't have, or had. Now Izuku had a quirk that came from the World Symbol of Peace and Justice. 

If Izuku was going to win, he was going to need as much strength as possible. He knew Katsuki's quirk, and how he fought. Everything he knew about his friend was written down in his journal, along with the rest of the class. 

It was time to show the world that Izuku was here. 

"FIGHT!" 

A/N

Kacchan is such an ugly nickname that I decided to cut it. We're getting closer to the end of the Tournament arc! The results of the fight shall be decided by a randomizer, unless I happen to see an argument for or against either Bakugou or Midoriya that manages to convince me. 

And the Ice Queendom dub is almost here! Time to rewatch it with the voices we all know and love. 

Till next time on Schnee: Hero or Huntress!