Eighty Three

As expect, and what should have not been a surprise to anyone with more than a few brain cells, the dog slaughtered Yaoyorozu without mercy. Weiss could only watch with a neutral expression as, well her friend she supposed, struggled to create a shield to defend herself from the dog's explosions. It was a given, especially with the rules and the way the tournament was set up. Yaoyorozu's creation quirk needed time and preparation, and with the rules dictating that quirks shall not be used until the actual match started, she was already at a disadvantage.

The rabid dog essentially blew up the court as soon as the match started, and easily won all while screaming 'die'. His brutality earned him more than a few boo's, which also wasn't surprising. He claimed to want to be the future number one hero, yet his attitude and personality was nothing more than that of a bully.

Even Cardin Winchester would have found the dog to be extreme, and that was saying something.

"Poor Momo…" Mina said loudly from the row directly in front of Weiss. The pinkette returned from her brief visit to Recovery Girl with her usual large grin adorning her face stating that she was proud that she even made it to the last rounds.

"It was a bad matchup with rules that didn't favor her." Weiss shrugged as the dark haired girl was lifted onto a stretcher and led away by the paramedics.

"That's gotta hurt." Kyouka added. People continued to boo the dog as he stomped out of view just when Cementoss started repairing the damage once again.

"BAKUGO WON BY KNOCKOUT AND RING OUT!" Present Mic announced with his usual shouts. Weiss only narrowed her eyes as her mind kept working, attempting to plan her fights against any opponents she may face, with Kaminari being the first.

She wouldn't go all out, that would result in someone getting injured, and it might people start asking questions that should remain hidden, but all Weiss needed was just enough strength to win.

Her eyes briefly glanced towards the yellow-blond haired boy who sat next to Kyouka nervously. As if he sensed her, Kaminari's yellow eyes met Weiss'. She did promise Kyouka that she wouldn't hurt him, much.

Flashing the younger, mentally that is, boy a smirk, Weiss turned her attention back to the screen, ignoring how Kaminari suddenly started sweating violently.

The large screens showed off the photos of Midoriya and Hatsume, their match about to begin. Tightening her fist, Weiss took a deep breath.

She hoped Hatsume would win.

In the end, Hatsune forfeited after thoroughly embarrassing the broccoli boy who reminded Weiss so much of Ruby. Somehow, the insane girl with dreadlocks managed to convince lime boy to wear some of her support equipment, which led to a nearly ten minute showcase of everything her inventions were capable of.

It was rather amusing though, and was more of an infomercial or company pitch than an actual fight. Hatsume purposely took a step out of bounds, allowing Midoriya to pass onto the next round.

"Make sure to remind me to invest in Hatsume." Weiss leaned forward and whispered into Mina's ear. A music career did make plenty of money, but Weiss wasn't raised to put all of her eggs into a single basket. That's why she also did a bit of modeling on the side.

She still wasn't going to cosplay Elsa though, despite how much money various companies were willing to pay her and the House of Mouse in America.

"You got it Weissy." Weiss' self proclaimed manager said with a casual salute. Too bad they still weren't allowed to use their phones.

"NEXT UP, MINETA MINORU VS URARAKA OCHAKO!"

-------

Weiss watched the match from the waiting room she was assigned to, practicing her form with the precision that had been ingrained into her. She had to win, she had to make Yu and her friends proud, she had to make Ruby proud. Casually swinging Dolt as its blunt edge sliced through the air, Weiss' eyes darted around the television screen.

Her predictions regarding this match were blurry at best, with Mineta's sticky ball quirk giving him control of the small battlefield. Uraraka was a bit taller, heavier too, but her quirk wouldn't match up well unless she managed to tag her obsessed fan and ring him out.

Her two classmates walked out onto the elevated concrete, a serious look on both of their faces. Pausing her next swing, Weiss stood still.

"BEGIN!"

Mineta immediately started throwing the purple balls from his head as Uraraka charged the shorter boy. She managed to dodge a ball here and there, but a few managed to stick onto her gym uniform.

She threw a punch, causing Mineta to tackle her in response, grabbing balls from his head and slamming them onto her leg. The two struggled on the ground, with a few nasty hits were shared, until Mineta started to float in the air while she remained stuck to the ground.

"MINETA WINS BY IMMOBILIZATION! HE'S FLYING AWAY BUT HE'S STILL WITHIN BOUNDS!" Present Mic's voice was still loud, even from the smaller speaker from the television.

What was going on here? How did both of her hangerons manage to make it to the next round? Was this going to be harder than she expected? Did Kaminari have a trick up his sleeve?

"UP NEXT, WEISS SCHNEE VS KAMINARI DENKI, I CAN ALREADY SEE THE MEMES PEOPLE."

Time to find out.

-------

As Weiss expected, there were both loud cheers and soft, but audible cheers as she stepped out, marching towards her current challenge with her head high. She arrived a few seconds before a nervous looking Kaminari.

"THE MATCH I'M SURE A GOOD CHUNK OF YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR, YES I CAN SEE THOSE WIGS FROM HERE!" Present Mic started.

"Hey, Kaminari." Weiss said loud enough for the electricity boy to hear. He flinched slightly, but forced a grin onto his face.

"Yeah Schnee?" Kaminari started getting into position, extending his arms slowly as Weiss kept Dolt aimed to the ground.

"I'm sorry." Was all that could escape her lips just as Present Mic spoke again.

"FIGHT!"

A/N
Been a bit, but work had been busy this week. Hopefully my schedule should be back to normal now. Once this is up I'm going to start on Schnee's Bay, its about 1/10th done and should hopefully be out in a few hours.

I'm glad to see I surprised everyone with Monoma beating Todoroki. Did somebody do that before? To make up for the delay of this chapter, I'll be doing another Weiss sings omakes so feel free to suggest a song that isn't RWBY related, I'll choose at random!

And here's some art drawn by the great 111v111 on Space Battles!

Till next time on Schnee: Hero or Huntress!