Forty Three

Hallucinations were the bane of Weiss' existence. Ever since her arrival into this world, they had been there. Either the food reminded her of Mistralian cuisine when she ate out with Yu, her guardian's eyes turning a beautiful lilac. Studying with Jirou led to hers turning amber just for the briefest moments. Mina's would sometimes alternate between silver and Nora's blue, but eventually the blue became more commonplace. Still, the hallucinations had lessened the last few months, but they were still annoying and they caused her to freeze up. Yu didn't know about these hallucinations, which was good. She would probably suggest going to see a therapist, and that was the last person Weiss wanted to see. She didn't need therapy.

Weiss could handle this by herself, no need to bother others with her problems. Yu already had enough on her plate, and Kyouka and Mina had no idea about Weiss' past. They wouldn't forgive her for lying to them, she was sure of it. Keeping her mask intact, Weiss took several deep breaths as Glasses started talking to the Green boy. She could handle dealing with the hallucinations, but Weiss wasn't ready to face the silver. It's why she kept talking to Mina despite the initial glimpse of silver, it changed to Nora's blue the next time it happened. Silver was too painful, if she ran into Green hair again and it kept happening, she would have to avoid him at all cost.

Glasses and Greeny both started talking, but their voices were too low, she couldn't make out their sentences. By now, the class was starting to filter into their seats, talking to those around them. Class should hopefully be starting any minute now, so the homeroom teacher could take them to the orientation meeting.

The student that the dog called 'Big Lips' sat on the desk in front of Weiss. Now that was going to be rather annoying to deal with. From what she could see, Mina and Kyouka sat closer to the front in the same row, with someone Weiss couldn't see thanks to the enormous pile of muscle in front of her. A frog faunus sat behind Mina, with Glasses' stuff on the desk behind her. Thankfully the desk to Weiss' right was empty oh no-

That green haired boy better not be sitting next to her. A glance to her left showed the Half-White and Red boy, who kept glancing at her rather awkwardly. 'Momo' sat on the other side, which made sense. She was easily the tallest out of all the girls, while Weiss was easily the shortest person in class, apart from Ball Boy.

The brown haired girl that was near the door screamed, staring at something that was out of Weiss' vision. Suddenly, a giant yellow caterpillar hopped through the classroom's door? It unzipped, revealing a tired man with a light unkept beard with long hair. Dressed in black clothes, only the grey scarf around his neck stuck out. Was that Qrow?

"It took you all eight seconds to quiet down. Time is limited when you're a hero." The tired hero said as he stepped out of the sleeping bag. Well, he seemed competent enough so far, and he didn't stink up the room with the smell of alcohol so he already had a point over Ruby's uncle. The man gaze the entire class a lazy stare, though seemed to focus too much on Weiss for her liking. "I'm your homeroom teacher, Aizawa Shota." The man yawned softly. "It's nice to meet you."

He looked like he would rather be lying in a ditch somewhere in Weiss' opinion, but at least it seemed like he knew what he was doing. He suddenly reached into the sleeping bag, fumbling about for a bit before revealing a white, red and blue outfit.

"I know it's sudden, but put these on and go out onto the field." He threw one at Green hair. Did he sleep with that in there? That seemed rather creepy if he was going to make a student wear that.

Weiss was already regretting calling him competent.

-----

Standing in the amid her new classmates dressed in their blue UA gym uniforms that had a U stacked on top of an A, Weiss didn't like where this was going. Standing as far away from Glasses, Purple Ball guy and the dog as possible, Weiss waited intently on their instructor who stared at them all passively.