Seventy Five

Dodgeball? Never heard of it, and that was with Weiss' balanced education growing up, not that she was allowed to play sports outside of ice skating and fencing. The body must be as sharp as the mind Winter always said, so any free time she had outside of her studies were dedicated to ballet, fencing and skating among other things. These had served her well, bruises were often a wonderful teacher. But dodgeball? Yeah, Weiss was going to need more information than that. 

If the game went by its name, then it sounded rather easy, another disappointment. Pushing down the urge to shush her whispering classmates, Weiss forced her eyes to focus on Midnight. Hopefully she didn't look like a pervert. 

"Let me explain how it will work! There shall be eight teams of four, with the top four teams advancing onto the second round." Midnight practically bounced on the stage as an example video played, showing All Might, Present Mic, Mr. Aizawa and Thirteen holding red balls. 

"However! Just because your team may lose doesn't mean that all is lost! Should you perform better than someone on the winning team, a panel of judges chosen randomly from the crowd may choose who to advance." Midnight bit her bottom lip. "You may choose whoever you want to be on your team, however unlike normal dodgeball, you are allowed to use your quirks." 

That seemed simple enough, Weiss could recruit Kyouka, Mina and Yaoyorozu to her team. Mina's athleticism would work well here in synergy with Weiss' glyphs. 

"A team is out when all members are taken out, or whichever team has more team members standing at the end of ten minutes. In the event that two-and-two are standing, the students that still remain shall move on." Fair enough. 

Weiss' eyes were already scanning the crowd beside her. Where were her friends? Hopefully she didn't end up with any undesirables-

"And to make this more of a challenge! The student that ranked first in the obstacle race shall be worth more! Should they be taken out, their opponents shall advance no matter how many are standing on their team!" Midnight's eyes met Weiss' own, the risque woman flashing Weiss a wink. As soon as the words left that insufferable woman's lips, Weiss felt the gaze of everyone on her. 

Well, she did kinda ask for this. Still, at least that could make this dull affair interesting, as unfair as it was for her potential teammates. With her skills and experience, Weiss was sure that not even such a handicap would be able to do much. Her glyphs would be able to grant her victory. 

"You have fifteen minutes to form your teams!" 

Perfect, that would be just enough time to-

The space around her had suddenly become barren, with most of her fellow first years avoiding her eyes. Were they that afraid of a challenge? Of losing? If they were afraid of losing, then they didn't deserve to be called 'heroes'. 

Smiling as she finally found Mina, which was rather easy with her pink skin and hair, Weiss' smile disappeared as soon as it came. Kirishima, Seto and Tsuyu were already with her. Damn, her eyes darted around, only to find Kyouka with Sato, the dog and Kaminari. Even Yaoyorozu was in a group with Todoroki! 

They were all traitors! Weiss released a breath she didn't realize she was holding. Well, there went her entire plan, and team. As much as Weiss disliked it, she didn't fault them for having other friends, and to show off their skills without her overshadowing them. 

Weiss stood there silently as most teams formed, groups of four standing away from the others. Stragglers were still trying to find their own teammates. Suddenly, Weiss sensed someone standing behind her. Turning her head slightly, Weiss felt the urge to punch someone. 

"I am at your service, my Queen." Mineta bowed politely again. Well, he did well during their hero vs villain exercise, so he would have to suffice for now. 

"NO! I shall serve you my Goddess!" The weird blond guy from 1-B jumped in front of Mineta, an insane smile on his rather average face. "It shall be an honor to fight alongside you! To show you that you truly belong in Class 1-B, and not those thieves from 1-A!" 

Uhh, these guys really needed therapy if they viewed her that way. Placing a hand on her hip, and using the other to rub her forehead, Weiss started to grind her teeth. 

Why did she always end up with the weirdos? Still, at least she didn't end up on the same team as the dog or Midoriya. Ignoring them for a second as her eyes darted around the remaining students, Weiss sighed for the millionth time that day. 

"Fine…you're both on my team now, I guess." Weiss muttered, earning her a barrage of praise from the two psychopaths. Now all she needed was one more person. Turning away from her new 'teammates', she nearly slammed into another familiar pink head, this one with dreadlocks. 

"White! Team up with me! I need to show off my babies and everyone's going to be looking at you." Hatsume grinned as she invaded Weiss' personal space, her face inches away from Weiss'. 

"Back off you fiend! None are worthy to touch the Ice Goddess of Japan!" Blond guy shouted, with affirmations from Mineta. Hatsume, for her part, didn't even bother turning to look at them. She was covered in her support gear from head to toe. Hm, this could work, as eccentric as the inventer was, Weiss had dealt with worse. 

"Sure." 

She couldn't be as bad as Nora on coffee. 

A/N

A short chapter that should set up the events of the next one. Updates won't be as often as they were earlier this year, but I plan on updating once or twice a week AT LEAST. I really enjoy writing this story, and I have ideas for others. Ice Queendom really has helped me regain some inspiration, and I decided that I want to include some elements, but thats for another day. 

I hope my writing is still enjoyable despite being out of practice! 

Fun fact of the day:

Early versions of the first chapter had Mirko or Endeavor finding Weiss instead of Mt. Lady, but those were scrapped and deleted. 

Till next time on Schnee: Hero or Huntress!