CHAPTER 1

GRACE                             ___________

                                      GRACE
                             ___________

" Cheers to the Bride and Groom," say the guy in a black and grey tuxedo, finally wrapped up his speech as he standing in the middle of the dance floor with a bottle of champagne in one hand and the now empty glass on the other after making the toast, I move my eyes and glance over to the three Bridesmaids looking all impressed by the very cheap speech the guy in tuxedo just made in the same time I finish off the expensive wine in my hand while everyone around me give out a massive applause.

Pulling the tail of my long black dress, I slide my way  and remove myself away from the crowd as I head back straight to the bar on the other side of the room just a second as people starts to busy themselves and make space for the dance floor, for once I left my watch back at home and doesn't mind how I've lost track of time on how long I've been here since I stepped outside the rented mercedes car Wanda dropped me off by the lobby earlier, but to be honest I would probably already walk out off this wedding if it weren't for the drink they served.

At least that's one point I've been learning for working at Clover, the local five stars restaurant in the upper Manhattan side, eventually you will easily know the difference between cheap wine and the expensive sort without seeing the labels up close, and this wedding at least been serving the Ch Pichon-Lalande, Pauillax 2009 wine, which they be costing for over $700 something for each bottle and so far I've drink at least two glass of them, so far, because that's not even including the $3500 champagne I've been keeping my eyes on that they only been serving around families tables.

" So, are you with the Bride or the Groom distant family?" A voice comes behind right me just as I'm waiting for the drink I just ordered, taking every advantage on the open tabs by the bar. I hold my breath, straighten my back subtly as I turn my head and steal a quick glance at the man standing over my right and slowly approaching closer before he take the empty spot on my left," If you don't mind me guessing, you must be with the Bride? I mean not try to brag but I do know each names from the Groom," The guy chuckle as he continue ruining my moment before he pulls the corner of his mouth, forming a wider grin.

" Actually, neither," I nod finally without giving another detail as I look away, I can tell he narrow his steel blue eyes by the corner of my eyes before taking more of my attention as he takes the empty stool next to where I'm standing, he pulls another empty stool next to him, motion me to take the seat but I stood my heel on the marble floor and shake my head no," You're wearing a black Versace dress with a low back cut, so my guess is you either a wedding crasher or someone's mistress," His smirk gets wider and I know he's waiting for my response.

To his luck I've called worst than someone's mistress during on my shift, you'd be surprised by how some upperclass people could acted up," You know products," I say as I grab a glass of 70s Macallan in front of me, trying to ignore those steel blue eyes moving from my bottom lips to the side of my shoulder," I actually know more than that," He chuckles before ordering himself a classic bourbon to the bartender, I grin once because there is no point on doing something I couldn't hold for long, so instead of trying to to ignore him I shift on my feet and look over him fully.